20: Jurassic paranoia

OMG CHAPTER 20!!!???!!! thank you guys so much for all your support. I'd have never got this far without you and I'm so happy you like it enough to keep reading. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!❤❤❤💞💞💞

After the fashionable montage Zim had, we managed to pick out some appropriate clothes for him. It was strange to think about. I've never seen zim wear anything other than his uniform. It was certainly even more suprising after finding out he was a fashionable diva.

I glanced over at the alien in the room he was currently cutting holes in the backs of his shirts. At first I panicked but he reassured that it was necessary for him to insert his "PAK" in this way. Not that I knew what he was talking about. It never came up on a conversation before.

Not until now, at least.

"So what's a 'PAK' anyway?" I asked, pulling my legs up to lean my head on.

He temporarily paused what he was doing, looked up at me and then went back to his task once again.

"Its an important tool for any Irken. It contains our memories, personality data, our rank and most importantly, is the key to our survival." He claimed, the scissors getting a little jammed in place as he spoke.

"Key to your survival how?" I tilted my head in confusion. He sighed.

"Think of it as a lifeline. If it gets severed from our bodies for any longer than ten minutes we would die" he continued jabbing the scissors into the fabric, hoping for it to make a decent sized hole.

"Is there a reason for that?" I questioned, intrigued and concerned over the subject.

Zim only shrugged in response, poking the scissors through the fabric harshly before putting the shirt down and moving to work on another. Sighing I stood up and made my way over to were he sat.

I grabbed a shirt and my own pair of scissors before cutting into were he marked beforehand.

It took a moment for him to notice but once he did he had stopped what he was doing to stare at me. I didnt pay any mind to it but it seemed Zim was rather suprised by my actions. However, he said nothing and eventually went back to working on the shirt in his own hand.

It took around an hour for my friend and I to finish cutting holes into shirts. It also took a short while for Zim to make sure they all lined up with the PAK. Though, it was interesting to see for the first few times.

The PAK would hover for a moment as if being lifted telepathically before it inserted itself into his back. It made me wonder about Irken biology and how they were born. Did they always have PAKs? Were they artificial beings? How did they start using PAKs? Surely there was an answer to all of these questions.

Asking would have to wait another time though, because an overbearing Lori had entered the base in a burst of excitement.

"What are you two doing? I've been waiting for you guys forever!!" She yelled, pointing at her watch. Half 6? Was it really that late already?

"Forever? I didnt know there was a time warp in Lori's house!" Claimed zim, standing up in urgency. I laughed.

"No, zim. Shes exaggerating" I reassured, gesturing for him to calm down. He did so, hesitantly taking his seat. Zims been getting better at figuring out hyperbole and sarcasm but....hes still pretty terrible at it.

Lori grabbed some of our bags, hoisting it up like a pump. She tilted her head in a direction before walking over.

We made our way through streets and back alleys. The house of Lori standing out at the end of the 12th block. It was rather strange in architecture.