31. Opening up in a miniverse

"Y/n! Perfect I've need to speak with yo- wait have you been crying?" He interrupted himself, most likely noticing the reddening puffy skin around my eyes.

His voice quickly went from eager and proud to concerned and panicked. His eyes did the same, softening at my pitiful appearance.

"Its nothing." I insisted, subconsciously wiping my eyes to be rid of the colour.

Zim seemed unconvinced and I couldnt blame him. I was a mess, I definitely looked like I had been crying.

The irken pulled a hand up to his chin in thought for a moment, glancing up at me in contemplation. He quickly took hold of my wrist, pulling me along to the other side of the road towards his base.

I didnt question him. I didnt have the energy and it wasnt like I didnt trust him or anything. So I just allowed him to drag me to the green house, stumbling a little on the way.

He slammed the door open with one hand, making his entrance echo through the whole structure before calling out to verify it was him.

"GIR! Y/n is upset!" He called, immediately earning a speedy response from Gir.

The tiny mechanical assistant appeared in the living room at top speed, activating his rocket boosters to fly directly into my arms. He wrapped his arms around me as far as he could, hugging me tightly.

Zim let go of my wrist in order to allow me to return it.

"Dont be sad, Cherry!" He exclaimed sadly, clinging to me tight.

My chest twisted at his action, bringing a small smile to my face. I walked into the base, sitting on the couch with Gir still cradled in my arms whilst his eyes became droopy.

I felt a soft fabric draping over my shoulders when I curled up on the sofa, the blanket itself feeling like a hug too. I looked over to find the one who gave it to me, landing on the mechanical arms of Computer.

I smiled.

"Thanks Computer, thanks Gir" I spoke, seeing the little robot now asleep.

Zim sat beside me on the couch, seemingly unsure of what to do or what to say. But that was to be expected. Hes never dealt with emotions before, that much was clear. Otherwise he wouldnt have brought me here and allowed Gir and computer to try and cheer me up.

But that's how I know he's learning what to do.

The irken finally spoke up, looking directly at me in concern and trying to figure out if he was doing it right. Honestly, it was just enough to know he cared.

"Do you eh....want to talk about it?" He inquired, glancing towards the ceiling as he recalled what he read about comforting people.

Did I want to talk about it? I'm not sure.

"I don't know..." I admitted, slumping in my seat and feeling the tears starting to build again.

I didnt usually get emotional like this but the idea of mine and Lori's friendship being on the line had me in full scale panic mode.

Zim must've sensed that I wasnt planning to talk. He must've sensed that I was still on the brink of breaking down in tears.

"Let me show you something." He said, handing me my space suit and ushering me into the other room to get changed.

Once he closed the door to give me privacy, I vigorously wiped at my eyes in attempts to prevent anymore tears from falling. I took three deep breaths before finally calming down enough to put my suit on.

I could only guess what Zim had to show me. He was rather unpredictable.

What could it possibly be?