2. hey, social butterfly (edited)

I could feel myself fall asleep to the sound of BITTER silence. Heh, that was terrible.

Seriously though, I was bored out of my mind. I just ended up doodling on the blank paper in front of me. Miss Bitters wouldn't care, it's not like she teaches us anything anyway.

I could feel the gaze of zim burn into me. Hes been staring for a good while since we got here. Hes probably still very suspicious of me, unsure of why I told him I wouldn't tell anyone that he was an alien. It would appear that he's remaining cautious. Not that I blame him.

Maybe I should talk to him during break? At least that would benefit both of us. Zim wont need to be suspicious and we could both learn things from eachother. Zim really has no idea on how curious I am on the universe or Alien life.

I finally looked back at zim, who seemed to lose confidence as soon as i did. His eyes softened ever so slightly as he hesitated to keep staring. Still, he hadn't dropped his gaze, almost as if he felt it was a competition. I looked back and smiled, waving at him before focusing on my doodles again. I didnt see Zim's reaction. Nor did I really care to see it. I was just concerned with making the eye of this character look less like a peanut.

Eventually, the bell rang. I jumped out of my seat, relieved that the "lesson" was finished. Gathering my things was always a pain. Doodling means that putting all my things away had made me slower at getting out of the classroom.

I barely processed that everyone had already left. It kind of scared me that all the kids had so much eagerness to eat the disgusting cafeteria food.

I entered, not really knowing what to do with myself. I didnt really have friends at this school, but I wasnt disliked. I just sat with different people of different days depending on my mood. People seemed to like me for that, though I'm not sure I really liked anyone here. They were all just....super hard to get along with. Which is why I struggled to stick with just one friend.

I looked around, I wasnt searching for anyone in particular. Just someone who offered to accompany me during lunch.

It was then i noticed someone calling me over. I looked in that direction only to see a blonde girl waving her hand. It was Jessica. I looked around frantically, hoping that someone else would call me over and save me. No one did.

I sighed, walking over to the popular kids table and sitting across from Jessica. Why did she take to me? ......that wasnt a rhetorical question. I'm genuinely asking cause I dont know why.

"Why dont you hang around us more often, y/n? We get your a social butterfly who wants to talk to everyone but why waste your time on a bunch of rejects when you have us?" she said with a snobbish tone.

Man, Jessica didnt know me at all. Social butterfly is not the word to describe me! And she has absolutely no idea that I sit with them just because I dont want to be alone at lunch. I actually want nothing to do with her and her cronies. She is far too lucky that I can't help being nice to people.

"I just like hanging around a different variety of people" I stated, simply. It was a lie but I needed to get her off my case.

It was then I noticed zim. He was sitting at a table not far from ours...well actually, it was more of him dramatically pretending to die on the table. I guess he tried the cafeteria food.

Jessica scoffed. Oh no, shes gonna become gossip girl again.

"That new kids a freak, I think his names Zim or something."

Zim looked over, hearing his name

"Hes in your class right, y/n?"

I nodded, "I like him. Hes interesting"

Jessica looked over in confusion and disgust, "your kidding right?" I only shook my head, sighing at her.

"Anyway," she continued, "hes been here long enough to make some LOSER friends, like that creepy kid, Dib. Or those rejects in the corner" she said, leaning closer to me and her "friends" and pointing out each groups of people.

I rolled my eyes, "some people take longer to settle in. And two days isn't a large amount of time.."

Jessica ignored me and continued. rude!

"But look at him, all by himself" she said as she turned and watched as zim picked food off his clothes. "I mean, what kind of kid doesn't have any friends? It's so, inhuman!"

I glared at her, but turned back to see Zim. He looked around the room, frantically. I felt confusion wash over me.

I sighed, taking out my packed lunch and finally deciding to eat it.

It was moments later before I saw huge flashes of white and blue light. It appeared to be electricity. I leaned to the side so I could see past jessica and her huge ego. Zim was approaching a group of kids, holding two metal rods that had a string of electricity running through them....where did he get that!?!?

I freaked, about to stand and rush over but jessica stopped me, pushing me back into my seat. Why? No idea.

My worry remained present and I couldnt seem to focus on eating until I was sure everything was ok.

After good five more minutes, Zim was walking over, dragging Keef behind him by the back of his collar.

Keef was a ginger boy with a blue shirt on. He was a nice kid but I never really talked to him.

He approached the table me and Jessica's group were sitting at. I smiled, giving a quick "hey zim" and a "hey Keef" to the two of them.

Zim ignored my greeting but keef waved at me, seemingly ecstatic. He seemed happy to be acknowledged.

"I'd like you all to meet, Keef. Hes my best friend! Not yours, Mine" he said, putting a deeper emphasis on the last word. I loved how he did that.

I giggled slightly at his phrasing, "that's awesome, Zim"

"Get lost you losers!" said jessica in annoyance. She gave me a look that said "not another word"

I complied, reluctantly.

"Very well, I am going to get lost. But notice I am getting lost with my Best Friend" he said, once again putting slight emphasis on "best friend" before dragging Keef away from the table and to who knows where. I smiled.

Thus turned into a small montage of friendship that seemed to get creepier than it first appeared.

During art class, students were drawing and painting. I was adding some final additions to my own peice when zim walked over to our groups table and showed a cute doodle of him and keef being friends. I smiled as keef came over. However, my smile dropped and I put on a freaked out expression when keef showed his peice. It was a really creepy painting of him and zim.

Zim looked like he was pretty creeped and annoyed too.

There where plenty more creepy moments that continued to make a chill run up my spine.

It became apparent that zim truly had enough when he finally shoved keef away from him in anger.

There was nothing much I could do. Zim would have to handle this in his own but maybe I could give him a little advice or reassurance.

I sighed, heading home and just falling back against my bed. I was so relieved to be home but then my stomache turned into a real jerk and started demanding food.

I got up, ready to head down stairs but stopped, glancing through the window and noticed keef creepily hovering around zims house. He was going back and forth on his bike.

Okay, this was really freaking me out so I cant imagine how bad Zims having it. It was unimaginable that Keef would become a stalker. I guess he was in more need of a friend than I thought. But I'm sort of relieved that I didnt befriend him and Zim helped me realize the weirdness of Keef. Guess I didnt really notice the signs before.

Sorry Keef, it's just the truth!

I shook my head, groaning and heading downstairs.

The next day was just as chaotic...