41. Taken out of context

(Hey guys! Stuck in bed and caught up with Covid so I had plenty of time to myself. So I thought I'd just write another chapter of Irkens can't love while I'm bored and lonely

Pretty big chapter! Can't wait to see some of your responses!)

I felt my head spin out of control, pounding painfully as I hesitantly opened my eyes. My body felt like it had been hit by a truck and sent aching up my spine.

Beneath me was a solid floor, which I suspected was the cause of such discomfort. It was surrounded with dark grey walls and a set of bars in the fashion of a dungeon. It was in poor taste, but that did not stop fear from bubbling up inside me.

I didn't feel familiarity in this place. It was a small space I had not recognised. The room was dark and smelt awful, like a damp leaky cauldron set in a smokey bar. How long had I been here? I could only wonder.

I tried to recall what happened before I woke up or, better yet, how I passed out in the first place. I saw flashes of memories for a brief moment, doing my best to recall what happened during my latest memory of the event.

And then it all came rushing to me at once.

Several hours before...

Zim had grumbled to himself out of sheer annoyance as he walked towards the door, myself tailing close behind him in curiosity and intrigue.

Not many people really knocked at Zims house, as they were either intruders like Dib or they were just intimidated by Zim himself. It made sense considering how large Zims personality is. Even I was a little intimidated upon first meeting him.

The irken raised a nonexistent brow in confusion just as he went to reach for the doorknob and open it.

In front of us, stood two people. Both slightly taller than Zim, but slightly shorter than myself.

"Irken Zim!" Spoke a male, face completely obscured by his mask.

Zim looked even more confused now.

"Irken?" He questioned, making me believe his acting somehow improved....

But it didnt.

"Dont you mean invader Zim?!" He exclaimed, proudly holding a fist to his chest. At least, until he paused. "Uh I mean...what's an Irken?"

The last part seemed half hearted, as if he expected these two newcomers to do what every human did and shrug it off.

But this was different. Dangerous.

It was made clear when the two strangers removed their masks to reveal...

Irkens.

The taller one of them had a darker skin tone than Zim, flaring between the two of us with pink eyes. One of his eyes was glossy and lighter than the other, implying that he was half blind. Despite this, he strode with confidence and wore his uniform with pride and a sense of superiority.

The other irken wasn't much shorter, holding his head high and looking down at us with dark purple eyes. They almost resembled the same shade as Gaz's hair. He wore a similar uniform to his partner, holding a much more formal position as he stayed behind and awaited for the scene to unfold in silence. He closed his eyes humbly, allowing the interaction to take place.

My pupils contract upon the revelation of the two strangers origins, awaiting some kind of explanation like with Tak. But I knew better than that.

"Actually, you've been demoted. And for a lot longer than you think." Claimed the purple-eyed Irken.