Chapter Fifty-Three: Back To Crystal Rose

"On your left, Krinos," Melody called out.

Krinos shot his head in that direction and saw a demon hurling a fireball at him. But Krinos vanished in a swirl of flower petals and leaves before it could hit him. He soon appeared behind the demon.

"Behind you," he smirked.

The demon turned around to only get a sharp tree branch stabbed into its chest. After Krinos pulled it out, the demon was vanquished as it disintegrated into ashes. 

"You really are getting the handle of your floral swirl," Melody smiled at her brother.

"What can I say, never underestimate Father Nature," Krinos smirked. "Wow, that really does not have the same ring to it as Mother Nature. But it's not like I could control that I was born a boy."

"True," Melody agreed.

Another demon shimmered in front of them with a fireball in its hand. But before it could do anything with it, it was snatched up by an anaconda spirit biting into its shoulder. The demon was vanquished before it could reach the tree branches, where Harry was smirking as he sat on a branch.

"Can I just say that Thrull Demons are very easily vanquished," he smirked. "It's a wonder that they are still around considering how easy they are to get rid of."

"Probably because a lot of them stay in the Underworld before they get cocky enough to try and kill someone magical," Melody said.

"I once saw a Thrull Demon get knocked out by an oracle that dropped her crystal ball onto its head," Krinos laughed. "Bet it didn't see that coming."

Melody and Harry groaned a little.

"That was a bad one, Krinos," Harry shook his head. "There is no middle ground for puns. They are either good or bad, nothing in between. And that one was terrible."

"Well, there are only so many oracle and fortune teller puns a person can make, you know," Krinos playfully pouted as he crossed his arms.

"Awe, we made little baby Krinos pout," Melody teased her brother.

"I can turn you into a thorn bush with a blink," Krinos threatened.

"I know, but a sister must do her sisterly duties," Melody giggled. "And that always includes teasing her brothers. Wait until you start dating. That is when my fun really begins. Hahaha."

"Yeah, I'm gonna back away slowly before I get rangled into this twin taunting session," Harry smirked as he backed away.

The twins quickly pulled their brother into a hug.

"You know we love you, Harry," they both said, making him laugh.

"You guys are so weird, but normal is boring," Harry chuckled.

"We've been saying that for years," Krinos laughed.

The three then made their way back through the forest outside of Crystal Rose. The forest made it to the outside of the wards surrounding the school. The forest was a weak point in the wards where there were certain points where demons could slip through. It was why there were always fights in the forest between the students and demons. But the students always chose to go into the forest, the school did not make them. But in the thousands of years that Crystal Rose had been open, barely even a dozen students in total died while defending the school. Considering how powerful some demons are, that was a minor miracle.

"So, how many did you guys get," Harry asked as they walked back. "I vanquished six."

"Lucky you," Melody said. "I only got four."