Chapter Sixty-Eight: It's Going To Be A Night To Remember

Now, as much as Krinos and Melody would want to also have epic asks, there was literally nothing on the planet that would equal to what Fred and George had done to ask out Harry. Sure, they got some help from Lily, but there was no shame in asking for help in anything, even if it was asking out a crush. And what an ask it was. 

And in comparison to that, Krinos and Melody's asks were really more on the simple side. Not that either of the Gardna twins was even upset about that at all. Especially since getting dates was what mattered, not the actual way that they get asked out. But that did not mean that Cedric did not try.

He had asked out Krinos by using the winter wolf bracelet that he still had to spell out "Will You Go To The Ball With Me" in glowing snowflakes when he had asked Krinos to meet him in one of the training rooms in the Crystal Rose tree. And Krinos had happily accepted, much to the relief of everyone that knew that the two liked each other and were frustrated over how the two of them kept dancing around each other in a whole "what if he does not like me back" kind of dance.

Melody had been surprised when she was asked to the ball by Blaise Zabini. He had been very simple by simply approaching her with a bouquet of roses one day and asked her out. It was definitely one of the more simple asks that the siblings went through, but she said yes anyway. Both Harry and Krinos had to practically be tackled by Abby, Lily, and Hailey before the two of them could go after the Slytherin to give him the "protective big brother" speech. And by that, I do mean that they were gonna threaten to send him to the Underworld for the rest of his life if he so much as offered her a portion of food that she did not like.

Viktor and T'challa were also going together as well, which was another pairing that a lot of them had seen coming. The two of them had actually asked each other out at the same time after they had accidentally gotten locked in a closet together. And if you asked Hestia if she had been the one to shove them both inside before slamming the door shut, she would deny it before she would then smirk. She may be a healer, but she was still a matchmaker at heart.

And as the night of the Yule Ball fell upon them, they all were getting as if they were the teenagers in a high school movie getting ready for prom. The boys in their hall and the girls in theirs.

"This better be a good night for us," T'challa says as he brushes his short hair. "If one wand-user ruins this night for us, I'm going full were-cat on them."

"Not arguing with you there, trust me on that," Hawk said as he smoothes down the feathers of his wings.

"You guys need to chill," Harry tells them. "I know that most wand-users are the most annoying people on the planet, especially in this country, but let's not let them control how we spend this amazing night."

"Oh, looks like someone is still glowing from that amazing ask those twins did for him," Krinos teased his brother.

"Yes, I am, and I am proud to still be glowing," Harry held his head high.

Fred, George, Neville, and Cedric were all getting ready back at their own dorms in Hogwarts. They all wanted it to be a surprise when they get their first looks at each other when they get to the Great Hall for the ball. Everyone agreed that it was better and definitely made them all more excited.

They all shook their heads and chuckled at Harry's antics. But he was right when he said that they did not have to let annoying wand-users ruin this ball for them. Yule was a special time of year for all of them, even if their own countries had their own versions of Yule or Christmas. While being magical made Yule more important to them, they did not abandon their culture.

Like the first-generation mages still celebrated Christmas along with Yule. And those from Mexico and Spain still also celebrate Navidad. Plus, there were also those that celebrate Hanukkah and Kwanzaa as well. They were all magical, but they would never forget their culture or where they came from. They were all parts of what made them who they were.