Chapter Eighty-Two: Prepare For Trouble

The news spread pretty quickly around Crystal Rose that they would all be soon going to war. It was not really a shock to them given that they were all very aware of how magical Britain was. They were the ones that all other magical communities dreaded being compared to when it came to how they appeared to be as a whole. Britain was so far behind all other magical communities that it was laughable at best that they were ever even still considered anything other than the joke that they are.

Every single one of the students also knew about the circumstances which caused the group that had been sent for the Triwizard Tournament to come back earlier than expected. It shocked none of them that a ministry as corrupt as the British one would attack children just because they were not getting what they wanted.

And the fact that Harry, their so-called savior, revealed himself as a mystic soul was a giant slap to their faces. They worshiped the Boy-Who-Lived and yet treated mystic souls as if they were the real demons of the world. So, the fact that Harry was one of them was probably one of the biggest slaps that they have ever felt. Which said something considering how many slaps they have gotten since the Gardna trio started attending Hogwarts.

All of Crystal Rose was one big battle montage of them getting ready to fight. They knew that they would win, but they wanted to win with as few people hurt as possible. Not that they cared about the wand-users, but they were going to protect each other. While most spells from wands would not affect them, it was the Unforgiveable Curses that they worried about.

It was obvious that those three spells were different even for mystic souls. They were well aware of what each of them did and how dangerous they were.

The Imperious curse was definitely a spell that could cause problems. It was a mind-control spell that would really turn the tide of the fight since mystic souls being forced to fight each other would make the battle a lot worse than it already would be. The Cruciatus curse was a torture curse that would be worse than anything else in the world. If a mystic soul was hit by that spell, their powers could go out of control from the pain they would be in and cause untold damage. The Killing curse was obviously what they worried most about since instant death was definitely not something that they wanted anyone to go through. They needed to learn if any of their powers would be able to block the spell in order to save lives.

The Gardna trio was definitely one of those that were doing everything that they could to prepare for this war. They all knew that out of everyone at Crystal Rose, they would be the ones that would be most targeted. They were the ones that tricked all of magical Britain into believing that they were wand-users for years. Even with the other British citizens that left, it would be the trio that is targeted since they embarrassed the ministry multiple times before they were even revealed as mystic souls.

Everyone was doing research on defensive spells while others were training with their powers. The smarter students in the school were the ones that were researching the unforgivable curses. Students such as their friends Megi, the telepath; Finn, the boy that could absorb knowledge from anything; Abby, their history-loving ice mage; as well as Atem, who was one of the best students in the school as well as a duelist mage. 

The teachers were also doing their best to help protect the students. Something that was a great surprise to the Hogwarts students since they were so used to having to fend for themselves given that the teachers there hardly ever did anything that was not teaching. Flitwick and Sprout were the only teachers that ever did anything about anyone. Such as when they took the lead going after Ron and Hermione when they tried to go after Quirrell when he tried to steal the sorcerer's stone.

The teachers were the ones that took care of the school wards. Crystal Rose had some of the best wards, but they knew that they were not perfect. The fact that demons would find their way through the wards sometimes was enough proof of that. What really worried the teachers was that they were well aware that magical Britain had both the Department of Mysteries and teams of Curse-Breakers as well. Even if Gringotts would never give them their teams, the ministry probably had their own since they would never actually ask the goblins for anything that did not involve money, which was what they all believed was the only thing that they believed that goblins were good for.