Chapter Twenty-Four: Of All Hallow's Eve And An Odd Girl

Harry was about fifty-fifty on whether or not Oliver was trying to train them to death or was just that determined. Krinos had jokingly said that it was a little bit of both.

Now, All Hallow's Eve was approaching yet again. The trio had spent their free periods leading up to their sacred day gathering up the materials for the alter when they weren't doing their homework. Melody and Krinos had already gotten permission from Flitwick and Sprout to not have to attend the feast. The two even used their positions to give Harry permission. Since they were both heads of houses, their combined abilities enabled them to do so even with the animal wizard not being a member of either of their houses.

McGonagall had confronted her two colleagues when she had caught wind of what they had done. She was told, quite bluntly I add, by Flitwick that they wouldn't have had to do it if she had listened to Harry's reasoning last year.

"Happy All Hallow's Eve, guys," Harry happily greets the Weasleys and Neville. "Or Samhain, Day of the Dead, literally anything but Halloween."

The three siblings sat at the Gryffindor table with their four friends.

"You three really hate Halloween, don't you," Percy asks them.

"We despise Halloween," Melody answered. "All Hallow's Eve, along with every other country's version of it, is meant to honor the dead. Help you reconnect with those that you have lost."

"There really should be a class here to teach about magical culture," Harry says. "These Sabbaths are part of what makes us who we are. What makes us witches and wizards. To even think about abandoning such ancient and sacred traditions is an insult to Lady Magic."

Between their four friends, they got three different reactions. Neville, being a pureblood, grew up hearing a lot of his grandmother's rants about the current ministry "trying to turn us all into squibs by making our most sacred traditions illegal." And from what these three were saying, he was finally starting to get what she had been talking about.

Percy was quite curious. The more he heard the three talk about their holiday, the more he wanted to know. And to be honest, he remembered hearing similar reasoning from his older brother, Bill. It had been a few months into Bill's training with the goblins to be a Curse Breaker. He had been home one day and had an argument with their mother about something none of the other kids in the house knew how it started. From the twins' snooping, they did know there had been yelling about the old ways.

Fred and George were thinking along the same lines as Percy, but with slightly more understanding. Which would be surprising for those that didn't know everything about them. Since they are magical twins, they had certain abilities few knew about. Like how they can telepathically communicate with each other as well as merge their magical power. It made them more open to the things the siblings were saying as it was different like the were.

"Your old ways are different from ours right," Percy asked.

"Well, we are from one of the most traditional magical communities in the mystical world," Harry says. "We honor our gods every day. Lady Magic is our Lady Hecate, the goddess of magic."

"Plus there is also the gods that we treasure based on our own talents," Melody explained. "The goddess of nature, Demeter, for Krinos and his gardening talent."

"You also have animal gods like Pan and Artemis for Harry and his love of the animal kingdom," Krinos grinned.

"And, of course, Melody's musical talent are very well in-tune with music god, Apollo," Harry finished off.