Chapter Twelve: First Quidditch Match

"YOU FACED THE TROLL," the Weasley twins yelled. 

It was only that morning after All Hallows' Eve. The siblings had told the twins, Percy, and Neville what went on the night before. And boy were they shocked.

"Why does everyone think it was a troll," Melody asked. "What we fought was an ogre if I've ever seen one. A mountain ogre, but an ogre all the same."

"Professor Quirrell came running in during the feast," Percy told them. "He was screaming about a troll in the dungeon. He is said to have a 'way' with them."

"Him fainting has..." Fred started.

"Us doubting that," George chuckled.

"This is a troll," Krinos told them.

He got out his mirror pad, much to the confusion of the English wizards. While the three had been using their mirror pads and phones for their work and notes, they didn't advertise what they had or what they were. To them, they looked only like blueish rectangles of glass surrounded by picture frame-like frames decorated with silver, gold, and symbols of each of their magic powers.

''What is that, anyway,'' Percy asked. ''I've seen Melody use one in the common room. Never seen anything like it.''

''These are known as mirror pads,'' Harry explained, taking out his own. ''Back home, they are actually very common. Invented in Greece, they're like magic mirrors only more advanced. We use them to write our papers, take notes, search the World Wide Wizard Web, and also do research. As well as the occasion cute puppy video.''

''We have no idea...'' Fred started.

''What most of that means...'' George continued.

''But we'll just take...'' Fred continues.

''Your words for it,'' George finished.

''I guess to put it into the most simple terms possible,'' Melody says. ''It's basically the magical version of a mundane computer.''

All they got were blank stares in return.

''Just try your best to stay with us,'' Krinos told them

Krinos then clicked a few times on his pad, and a holographic image appeared over the screen. It showed a tiny man, hardly even a foot tall, in a dark medieval outfit. His face looked like a cross between the mundane version of a witch and a goblin. The snaggle tooth and many warts were very visible on his face.

"That thing is..." Fred started.

"Bloody ugly," George finished.

"That's a troll for you," Krinos says. "Residents of the Dark Forest and mortal enemies of fairies. Fast, mischievous, and super annoying."

"Another thing,'' Melody added. ''That hologram is lifesize. Trolls are only like a foot tall where we come from.''

"Must be another difference between Greek and English magic," Percy suggested. "The creatures must also differ with the countries."

"We should have expected as much," Harry rolled his eyes.

"So, how did you..." Fred started.

"Beat the ogre," George asked.

"Uh..." the Gardna siblings 'duh'ed, not wanting to blow their secret so soon.

The owls then came flying, saving the three. While they wanted to keep their secret safe, they didn't really want to lie to their friends. They'd do it to make sure that their fellow mystic souls were safe, but that didn't mean they had to like it. Hedwig flew in, the snowy owl very visible among the other darker owls. She held a long and thin package. She dropped it into the waiting hands of Harry and the twins. The owl snuggled close to Harry, sitting on his shoulder.