Chapter Fifty-One: Ministry Idiots Again

"You guys have the craziest adventures without us," Cedric tells the trio. "I hope you know that."

"A possessed teacher and a Cerberus in your first year," Fred said.

"A basilisk and giant spiders in your second," George says.

"And now an escaped convict and a werewolf," the twins finished together.

"Not like we plan things like this," Melody crossed her arms. "Things just tend to happen when we are here."

"If we could help it, we would have a nice boring year of magic school where our lives are not in danger," Harry said. "Demons endanger us enough, but we know how to handle them."

The group was sitting at breakfast, eating at the Hufflepuff table that day. It had been a few days since the Quibbler had come out and announced that Olivia and the Greek court system had proven the giant mess that the British ministry had caused. And while they felt no regret at all for what they had done, they did see that a lot of the heirs currently attending Hogwarts were starting to doubt their own government even when it was not a lot of their faults.

Taking students like Susan Bones and Adrian Pucey for example, they were both heirs to their houses and their families were rarely on the wrong side of things. Susan's own aunt was not only the current proxy for house Bones, but she was also the current head of the law enforcement department. It was obvious to the trio, given some of Olivia's interviews and confrontations after Sirius's trial, that Madam Bones was a very honorable woman that would have seen justice come to pass if she knew about Sirius's innocence and lack of a trial. And Adrien's parents were known to be on the Grey side of politics. Cedric has told them that his own mother has had Adrian's over for tea and they both complain a lot about some ministers, Aurors, or department heads thinking that they are above the law or just often take the law into their own hands and do what they want.

While the trio felt bad about making the heirs question if they were going into the right type of government, they also felt like it could be a wake-up call for them. They knew that it was always up to the next generation to fix the mistakes of the previous one. And with so many heirs currently attending Hogwarts, it was up to them to succeed where their parents, grandparents, and ancestors have failed. And after having two dark lords rise up in a single century, things definitely needed to improve.

Just in their year, alone, there were a ton of heirs. Susan Bones, Hannah Abbott, Draco Malfoy, Daphne Greengrass, Zacharius Smith, Ernie McMillion, Baise Zabini, Gregory Goyle, Vincent Crabbe, Terry Boot, Mandy Brocklehurst, Michael Corner, Anthony Goldstein, Padma Patil, Parvati Patil, Wayne Hopkins, Megan Jones, Roger Malone, Kevin Entwhistle, Isobel MacDougal, Oliver Rivers, Sue Li, and Lily Moon were also heirs to their families. Not to mention Harry and Neville as well. But with everything that has happened since coming to Britain, Harry was going to assign a proxy to the Potter and then high-tail it back to Greece.

"Weirdly enough, this is actually not the first time that we have dealt with an escaped fugitive," Krinos suddenly told their friends.

That caused their friends to freeze. Fred and George even froze with food almost in their mouths, they were that shocked.

"Do you three make a habit out of running into wanted criminals," Percy asked, actually being serious despite it sounding like a joke question.

"Hey, we don't try to run into them," Melody protested. "Things like that just seem to happen around us."

"Besides, that other fugitive was a demon, anyway," Harry said.

"How can a demon," Fred started.

"Become a fugitive," George finished.

"It was a demon called Tabitha," Harry explained. "She was a demon sorceress that was found guilty of conspiring to overthrow the current ruler of the Underworld. Her punishment was to be sealed behind stone for the rest of her eternal life."