Chapter Eight: Meeting the Headmaster

(I love the actor that was Dumbledore in the first two movies, so just imagine him for the entire book.)

Harry had settled into Gryffindor Tower quite nicely. His dorm mates were Neville, Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, and unfortunately Ron Weasley. Luckily, he had a bed at the end of the room and Neville was next to him. The redhead was really starting to annoy him.

Krinos, in the Hufflepuff dorms, was quite comfortable. He was rooming with the kid he dumped potatoes on, Zacharias Smith, along with Justin Finch-Fletchley, Wayne Hopkins, and Ernie Macmillan. And after what Krinos did to Smith, the other boys didn't even try to mess with him.

Melody probably had the easiest time in Ravenclaw Tower. The other students were quiet and didn't bother her with any more questions. She roomed with Padma Patil, Sue Li, and Lisa Turpin. The girls didn't bother her, but also seemed to be keeping themselves at arm's length after seeing what her brother was capable of.

All in all, it was a pretty good first night.

Come morning, Krinos and Melody stood outside of the Fat Lady portrait. They were waiting for Harry. And pretty soon, the painting swung open and their brother jumped out.

"Portrait doorways, handy aren't they," he smiled, the three now heading down to breakfast.

"Definitely unique," Krinos said. "Password's quite simple to remember, thank the gods."

"Ravenclaws have to answer a riddle," Melody told them. "Guess they want the house of intelligence to always be kept on our toes."

"That's different," Krinos says. "With Hufflepuff, we may be a little near the dungeons, but rumor has it that we're close to the kitchens."

"Gryffindor Tower definitely isn't for the students afraid of heights, I'll give you that," Harry said. "Every room has windows with a view that would terrify anyone afraid of heights."

"How was rooming with the redhead loudmouth," Melody asked.

"I am seriously about to go full on bull or lion just to get him to shut up," Harry complained. "All he talks about is chess and that English sport, Quidditch. Not to mention the constant complaining about how poor his family is. He's a whiny little brat, that's what he is."

"Lucky he wasn't born in Greece, then," Krinos says. "Plutus, as the god of wealth, would be furious about a kid that gets to go to an amazing school like this yet complains about his family's money. He needs to appreciate what he has."

"Couldn't have said it..." one voice starts.

"Better ourselves," another finished.

The three siblings were nearly scared out of their skins. The Weasley twins had appeared out of nowhere.

"Are you trying to give three eleven-year-olds heart attacks," Melody scolded. "Cause I'd like to live to see twelve, thank you very much."

"What's the harm..." Fred started.

"In having a little fun," George continued.

"After all..." Fred started.

"We are pranksters extraordinaire," George finished.

"Oh boy," Krinos shook his head. "Though, I am not very surprised. You two do seem like the type to love to cause mischief. Remind me to give them some Illusion Blossoms, later."

"Oh, Professor Sprout..." Fred started.

"Is gonna love you," George finished.