Chapter Ten: Flying Chaos

It was Friday and according to the notice boards in the common rooms of all the houses, it would be the day for first years to have flying lessons. The trio were, as usual, sitting with the Weasley twins at the Gryffindor table.

"I'm still having a hard time with wizard magic when both of my feet are in the ground," Harry said. "Now i'm supposed to fly."

"I've seen you on a flying carpet while in India," Krinos says. "How much different can a broom be?"

"For one thing, less room for your behind," Harry pointed out. "Though, it definitely explains why American mundanes still think witches and wizards ride around on brooms all day in black robes and pointed hats."

"As much as I love America, some mundanes are just so stereotypical," Melody shook her head.

"You rode on a..." Fred started.

"Flying carpet," George finished, excited.

"Of course," Harry said, smiling at the memory. "It was a blast. Flying carpets are one of the main aspects of magic in India. Like flying carriages in France, Greek flying chariots and pegasi, removable wings in America, or even the shang-a-roo in Australia."

"Shang-a-what," the Weasley twins asked, confused.

"Why isn't there an International Magic class, or a Global Culture corse, or something," Melody wondered. "We have a class like at the Greek school. Our friend Abby is looking to apprentice with the teacher."

"You have a school in Greece..." Fred started.

"Yet you're attending Hogwarts," George finished, confused.

"The Potters have been attending Hogwarts for five hundred years," Harry said. "Why mess with tradition? I may not live in Britain, but I still have English blood."

"As for our school, other than Crystal Rose Academy, there is the Delphi School of the Mystic Arts," Krinos told them. "Crystal Rose and Delphi are considered stars in the education field."

"We thought that Hogwarts..." Fred started.

"Was the best in the world," George finished.

"One of the best," Krinos corrected. "The rankings are constantly changing. And anyone who has common sense knows that there is always someone better than you."

"You sure you guys are eleven," both Weasleys ask.

The trio smirked, making the twin Weasleys like them even more.

"What are you wearing," demanded a bossy voice behind them.

The siblings turned around and saw Hermione Granger standing there with her arms crossed. Even though it had hardly been a week into school, all three Gardna's have grown to really not like her. She was bossy, loud, a know-it-all, and didn't like it when others disagreed with her. Not to mention how even when she was not called on to answer a question, she would shout out the answer and not give other students the chance to. Harry had seen her actually hit other students in Gryffindor for not agreeing with what she was saying.

''Excuse us,'' Melody raised an eyebrow.

''Why are wearing those cloaks, they aren't part of the uniform,'' Hermione glared at the siblings.

The Gardna's were wearing their cloaks, and have been since they learned Dumbledore told them they could. They did change them a little to show their houses. Now instead of their rose symbol, they all had their house crests on the backs. The rest was their normal uniform.