Chapter Forty-Five: Why Is Halloween Bad Luck?

Almost everyone in Hufflepuff avoided Krinos after his little magical nature explosion in class. They kept looking at him like he was going to turn them all into trees at any moment. Which he could, but they did not have to know that. It was lucky that Dumbledore was able to tell really convincing stories about Krinos just having a large burst of accidental magic when faced with his worst fear. It was both not a lie yet also not a truth. While accidental and certainly magical, it was Krinos's mystic soul powers that reacted and not just wizarding world magic.

Cedric was probably the only Hufflepuff that stayed near Krinos, which was a relief that not everyone was instantly terrified of him. The said could be said for their entire group of friends.

News of Krinos's burst of magic was another thing that had spread around Hogwarts like wildfire. And the fact that his magic had caused nature to go wild was something most of them had never heard of before. Most common accidental magic was summoning toys, objects flying off of shelves during a tantrum, or even apparition. But never had anyone heard of plants going crazy because of accidental magic.

Krinos did apologize to Professor Lupin, who he had buried underneath his plants when his magic went wild. Then teacher could not even move, let alone try and help him by stopping the Boggart.

Their friends were there for comfort, but they did not try to pry information from the siblings after they told them that they would tell them when the time was right. Neville and Cedric were the calm ones of the group. They were there when Krinos looked ready to snap at anyone that tried to pry into the lives of the trio to get information. Percy and Luna were there to change any heavy subjects to school related ones, or whatever random creature that Luna decided to talk about. It easily dealt with any topics that could easily put the nature mage on another downward spiral. Fred and George were there for comic relief. Their pranks against those trying to get into their business and their joking nature always put smiles on the trio's faces.

But if there were two people that the trio were really trying not to vanquish, it was the Human Garbage Disposal and the Gryffindor Harpy. The three really wanted nothing more than to banish the two into the deepest parts of the Underworld. But they were sure that even Hades would never be able to stand those two annoyances.

Ron acted like Krinos was some type of dark lord in disguise. Like at any moment he was going to start killing people left and right. He was always getting into their conversations and trying to make it seem like they are secretly planning world domination or some other nonsense that only exists in his empty head.

Hermione was of the mind that there was "no possible way" that Krinos had any type of power over nature because she "had never read about such a thing." She was driving them mad with how she kept harassing them, claiming that Krinos had some type of amulet or something that allowed him to control the plants. She even had the audacity to try and physically drag Harry away from them because she did not think he should be around "such horrible dark wizards." Harry had nearly ripped her head off when she said that. Not that anyone would blame him if he did. In fact, probably the whole school would celebrate if the bossy know-it-all was finally out of their hair.

Most of the school was now very aware that the trio wore amulets. Gryffindor had been aware ever since Harry had turned into a cat creature and attacked Ron when he insulted the then petrified Krinos. Hufflepuff was now aware of Krinos's because of recent events. So it was only natural that people would look at Melody's necklace and notice how similar it seemed to her brothers' necklaces. Of all times for the idiots of this country to grow some brain cells, it had to be now. Heavy on the sarcasm.

With it nearing Halloween, aka All Hallow's Eye, they were ready for their annual ritual. It has been over a month since Krinos's magical burst and they finally get a chance to relax with something they know will make them happy.