Chapter 65: The First Task

If there was one thing that mystic souls knew how to be, it was to be prepared. Even with something as terrifying as dragons, they were still going to be prepared.

Charlie did decide to help them since he was the only mystic soul that they knew that had dragon powers. Since he was not a student of any of the schools, his summer classes at Crystal Rose not counting since he was not a full-time student, he was able to help them all. Plus, this also gave Fred and George a chance to finally witness their brother's dragon shapeshifter powers in action.

And to say that they were shocked would be the understatement of the century. Charlie's powers were probably very powerful and definitely one of the most destructive out of all of the powers at Crystal Rose. Some of his dragons were small, like the Terrible Terror, but then others were terrifying and made them want to run for the nearest exit, like the Whispering Death.

(AN: His dragon forms are from How To Train Your Dragon. I do not own them.)

But he was certainly their best help when it came to dealing with training to fight against dragons. The only difference was that Charlie had better handles on his dragon forms that were not really known to wand-users. So, he was not really able to change into a Hungarian Horntail or a Chinese Fireball. But since his dragon forms were more dangerous than those dragons, the four champions did not really care.

Lily and Krinos also kept their spycam going just to make sure that nothing went wrong with the dragons. They were dangerous, but they were still living creatures and they deserved to have better lives than being stuck in a cage. Harry certainly hated how they were treated as being an animal mage allowed him to understand them the same as Charlie could.

Harry could feel his heart break as he heard the mother dragons cry out and scream for their eggs to be returned to them. Charlie kept trying to get his boss to agree to give them their eggs back, but he was always denied and told that the eggs and dragons needed to be kept separated until the first task. That was certainly a big clue for what the task could be, but it did not make them feel any better about how they were treating the dragons.

But keeping the spying flowers bloomed did give them a sight that not all of the heads of school were playing by the rules like Dumbledore and Jiwe were. They all saw when both Headmaster Karkaroff and Madame Maxime both were able to come to the clearing and see the dragons. The very next day after they saw them, Viktor had arrived at the tree and told them how Karkaroff had informed him of the dragons. And when they saw the Delacour girl carrying books about dragons from the Hogwarts library, they knew that her headmistress told her as well.

Now, none of them were thinking of what they were doing as only helping the male champions. They were just helping their friends and they just happened to all be guys. Plus, Fleur seemed a little stuck-up and seemed to turn her nose up at a lot of things. Probably because she thought she may be above them because she was "a proper lady." Plus, she also called Harry a "little boy" when they tried to talk to her once. So yeah, they were not really fans of the French girl.

Also, while Charlie was helping them train, Krinos was teaching Cedric how to use the talisman that he had been loaned for the tournament. They both did think that maybe this was a little bit of a hint by Headmistress Jiwe to the task since what would be more useful against fire-breathing creatures than ice?

Krinos was impressed with how Cedric was handling the talisman. He was a really good student at Hogwarts, so he was also a good student for his talisman lessons as well. He was a quick study and was easily able to handle the ice and snow powers that he had been granted. Abby and Kryo were both very helpful as well.

As the day of the first task approached, the four boys could all admit that they were nervous. Even as strong and skilled as they were, those dragons were the size of four-story buildings. The better question would be was there anything to not be nervous about.