Chapter Twenty-Three: Malfoy Opens His Mouth Again

(AN: I know this chapter a little out of order from the book, but it works this way for my story so deal with it. Haters, back off.)

      Word spread quickly about the little lesson/rant the Gardna trio went on about creature rights and equality with them being allowed in their country's magic schools. You could see hints of pride in Flitwick and Sprout for their students being so open about beings that England and the rest of magical Britain very openly discriminate against.

Krinos was also definitely starting to make a reputation for himself. Many of the students would never dare do what he did to a Slytherin, let alone Draco Malfoy. It is well known that Draco is Professor Snape's godson. So with Snape being Snape, the fear of Merlin had pretty much been put into a majority of the students when it came to what he might do if anyone messed with him. Half of them thought Krinos was a little insane while the other half thought that he just didn't get the memo.

Snape definitely seemed like he was on a warpath after he caught wind of yet another, what people dubbed, potato incident. And this one with his godson as the victim. When the siblings basically disappeared after that, but they all simply just blended into the students and may or may not have used some mystic soul glamor charms, Snape confronted Professor Sprout. But as much as he was a snake, Sprout was a badger and she defends her house.

She had already given Krinos a single detention and he lost ten points, which she told Snape about with a hidden smirk on her face. He tried to get the detention moved to him as well as add to them and take more points, but like most people, he underestimated Pomona Sprout. She stood her ground, a little poetic because she is the Herbology teacher, and wouldn't budge. She even threw some of her own version of Severus Snape favoritism right back at him by issuing Malfoy a week of detention as well as twenty points from Slytherin for ignorance, arrogance, and for insulting the culture of a place that he knew nothing about. Snape tried to reverse it, but Sprout is a lot more than she seems. Don't let her sweet and bubbly personality define all that she is.

"Have you ever thought Professor Sprout was capable of acting like that," Melody giggled.

"I've seen a fairy godmother set crows loose on a crowd to gouge a man's eyes out," Harry said. "I can, pretty much, believe that anyone is capable of doing anything after seeing that."

"Gotta love my head of house," Krinos chuckled. "How is Flitwick as a head of house, Melody? I never asked before."

"Personally, I feel like I have the best professor as my head of house," Melody says. "I think he is especially good with bully-victims. Probably because of how he was most likely treated during school because of how he is part-goblin."

"It definitely must have been hard for him," Harry said. "Not just his creature heritage, but also his height. People literally looking down on you. You have to admire his strength for going against the system the way he did."

"I can tell without even looking into it that the Ministry would be a hundred percent against a, so-called, 'half-breed' teaching here," Melody crossed her arms.

"How very insulting," Krinos scoffed. "He's probably more talented than three-quarters of this entire country. Definitely more than Lockhart. He couldn't spell his way out of a paper bag."

Harry and Krinos soon went off to Herbology and Melody to Charms. As they neared the greenhouses they saw the rest of the class standing outside, waiting for Professor Sprout. Harry and Krinos had only just joined them when she came striding into view across the lawn, accompanied by Gilderoy Lockhart. Lockhart seemed to be talking about something while Sprout seemed to be ignoring him. The brothers had no idea how she was able to, but they had to pity her a bit because of how near the idiot she was.