Chapter Twenty-Two: Voices In The Night

"WHY ON DEMETER'S GREEN EARTH IS THAT IDIOT TEACHING IN THIS CASTLE," Melody screamed almost as loud as her sonic scream.

Harry and Krinos had to wait a minute for their ears to stop ringing. Melody's magic may make her a siren, but it's not like singers are unable to scream.

"How, exactly, are we supposed to know that," Krinos crossed his arms. "After the incident in the Great Hall, it's not like we were able to be introduced to the new DADA teacher until we actually had him."

"I'd rather be taught by a rabid bear," Harry grumbled. "At least a bear would be able to teach us how not to be eaten by predators. Or we'd be taught how to become the predators."

"Either way, we'd be learning more than we would with that idiot teaching us," Krinos says. "I've met rocks smarter than him."

"You should have seen that ridiculous test he gave us," Harry complained. "Every question was about him. Question thirty-two was literally asking what his favorite hairstyle was. Like I care what that loser's hair looks like."

"He has this entire country fooled," Melody nearly growled. "Not that I'm very surprised. When it comes to anyone rich and famous, British people seem to flock to them like moths to a flame."

"Maybe if we're lucky, they'll be burned by that flame," Krinos said.

That little comment made both of the nature wizard's siblings look at him in a weird way. It was a quite well-known fact that mystic souls that work with nature all hate any type of fire. Be it magical or normal.

"What," Krinos asked.

"You do realize that you're a nature mage talking about people being burned by fire, right," Melody raised an eyebrow.

"Just because I hate the stuff doesn't mean I can't talk about it," Krinos says. "Besides, I hang around Mason a lot and he's a fire mage. If I can not hate him, then I'm pretty sure that I can talk about the stuff."

"We are a strange bunch," Harry stated.

"No argument here," the twins agreed with him.

"Least we're sensible enough to know to avoid the fraud," Krinos said. "He shouldn't even be walking free, let alone teaching children."

"The only thing he can teach is how to run away," Harry commented.

"Especially from pixies," Krinos smirked.

"Pixies may be tricksters, but it's not like they're hardly deadly," Melody says. "Seems that only incompetent frauds like Lockhart actually make them a danger to anyone."

"Lucky we learned that levitation charm last year and we were able to get Neville down," Harry said. "He had already crashed down with one chandelier that class and did not have a desire for it to happen again."

"Poor guy just could not catch a break that day," Krinos shook his head sadly. "I can't believe Granger actually tried to defend the idiot."

"Talking about the moron teaching DADA," a boy's voice spoke behind them.

The siblings turned around and came face to face with one of Krinos' housemates. Lucky for them that it wasn't that pompous git Zacharius Smith. Cedric Diggory was what they remembered his name to be. He was a fourth-year, two years above them, and was one of the most popular boys in Hufflepuff.

"Hello, Diggory," Krinos greeted.

"Gardna," the older boy replied.

"We actually are talking about the fool," Melody put a hand on her hip. "How someone like him ever was able to get hired as a teacher is beyond us."