Chapter Sixty-Two: Someone's Trying To Kill Me... Again

The entire hall was speechless. For a split second, there were those that thought that Harry had somehow gotten his name into the Goblet of Fire. But all those thoughts were thrown out the window when there was the immediate yell from the Gardna trio about his name. 

If there were two things that were consistent about the trio, it was that Krinos was easily the scariest member of the three when he had access to potatoes and that Harry hated anyone that ignores that his last name is hyphenated. Almost every single time that anyone, mostly Snape or Granger, only used the name 'Potter' for him, he would always correct them and say that his name was Potter-Gardna. So there was no way that Harry would have been the one to enter his name if just 'Harry Potter' was written on the paper.

And after the original shock had worn off, the trio was both annoyed and very pissed.

"You have got to be kidding me," Melody complained.

"We seriously can not have one normal year, can we," Harry shook his head.

"Mama mia, here we go again," Krinos facepalmed.

Their friends were certainly also upset. Their friends had their lives put in danger every single year they had been attending Hogwarts. And as much as they all hated to dis the school that their families had all been attending for centuries, they certainly could not fault the trio when they do leave after they take the OWLs.

While there was a contract in place for all those that agree to attend Hogwarts, there were loopholes to get out of it. The students had to attend in order to keep their wand rights, but the contract was no longer valid once the students took their OWLs. The contract was mostly in place to keep the younger and more reckless kids from agreeing to attend the school to simply gain access to the spellbooks or magical artifacts that might also be in Hogwarts. There were definitely plenty of rumors going around that the Sword of Gryffindor and the Diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw were still hidden somewhere in the school.

After taking the OWLs were any students allowed to leave Hogwarts and still be able to hold a wand. The only true exceptions to the contract were students pulled out by their parents or those that transfer to another school. The trio was technically allowed to say that they were transferring to Crystal Rose and could just leave, but with the ministry always trying to control Harry, they might look into Crystal Rose and raise some questions that they did not want to be answered.

"Mr.Potter-Gardna, come here," Dumbledore called him up.

Even though he could feel all the eyes on him, it wasn't like he even cared. So, Harry just got up and walked right over to the school heads. Krinos and Melody both looked ready to get up and follow him. They were going to if things escalated from here.

"What's going on, headmaster," Harry asked Dumbledore. "Why did my name just come out?"

"We will need to check to goblet, but someone obviously placed a compulsion on it in order for your name to be chosen," Dumbledore says. "Even if it is the wrong name."

"Great, even people trying to kill me can't get my name right," Harry groaned in annoyance.

"Considering the people in this country, I am not surprised," Jiwe says.

"What does this mean for the tournament, headmaster," Harry asked. "It's not my real name, so there is no way that I have to participate."

"Even if it was your real name, being underage prevents you from being eligible from participating," Jiwe stated.

"I have no idea why you are telling him such lies," the gruff voice of Barry Crouch says.

"Excuse me," Jiwe looked at the former head of the law enforcement department, crossing her arms. "What about anything we have said is lies? Are you another of those annoying ministry pests that still does not recognize that Mr.Potter-Gardna's adoption was perfectly legal?"