Chapter Thirty-Four: Follow The Spiders

The aftermath of Kingsley's first class was a lot more than the siblings has expected. The majority of the students were now very curious about the types of magic outside their country. Sure, they had only talked about the dark creatures of other places, but that actually got the hamster wheels in their heads turning. Especially since there were a few students that had the blood of other countries in their veins. 

Like the Patil twins were both Indian, Cho Chang is Chinese, and Blaise Zabini had originally been born in Italy. While they had all been raised in Britain, they all took vacations to their family's home countries to visit other family members. So they did have a little knowledge of the magic is foreign countries but not much. But even that little knowledge made them disappointed with their current magical community.

"You three have lived in Greece your whole lives, right," Blaise asked as all the 'foreign blood' students gathered in the library.

It wasn't even something that was planned, it just seemed to happen. The only British wizards there were the Weasley twins, Percy, Neville, and Cedric.

"Yeah, we have," Harry says. "Me less than Krinos and Melody, but I was so young that I can basically be considered mostly Greek with a little English mixed in."

"What about it," Melody asked.

"Well, what do you think is a major difference between your country's magic and here," Blaise asked.

The siblings thought for a second.

"Probably our mirror phone and mirror pads," Krinos answered, he and his siblings getting theirs out.

"What are those," Cho asked, curious.

"They're based on the Evil Queen's magic mirror from the Snow White fairy tale," Melody explained. "We like to compare them to mundane computers and cell phones."

Most of the students looked at them weirdly, not having much clue what a computer or cell phone was.

"Purebloods," the three rolled their eyes.

"Hey, I'm a halfblood," Lee protested. "I know what those things are."

"What they basically are is devices that we can use to call others that have them," Harry explained. "I think you guys might see them like portable Floo calling. We can also use them to project images, do research, take video, take pictures, and we even do our assignments on them."

"You do your assignments on those things," Parvati was shocked. "How do you hand them in?"

"Like this," Melody said.

She clicked a button on her pad and a small beam of light came out. It drew a rectangle on the desk and in a POP appeared the Charms homework that she had just completed. It was a magical printer function on their mirror pads.

"This was a function made to save trees sot hat paper no longer needed to be made from them," Krinos said. "Definitely is my favorite part of them."

"That's wicked," Fred and George say at the same time.

"Well, it makes more sense to use this than parchment made from animal skin and quills that are not the most practical of writing utensils," Harry says.

They all soon had to leave for their afternoon classes, so the Gardnas could not continue their lesson on Greek magic. They did think that it would soon be picked up again once they were all gathered.

But once classes had ended for the day, the trio decided to visit Hagrid. They had not done it yet this year, so they thought it would be a good idea after he stood up for them when he thought they were being accused of being the cause of the attacks.