Chapter Seventy-Two: Mount Vesuvius AKA Olivia Gardna

Almost all of Crystal Rose, and the few members of Hogwarts that had common sense, were all waiting for the explosion that was going to happen. Especially Headmaster Dumbledore and Headmistress Jiwe. They had told Crouch and Bagman over and over again that they needed to ask permission from each of the hostages before they were allowed to use them. They both kept saying that it was basically kidnapping if they did not do that.

But, as most of the corrupt ministry workers would do, they waved off the concerns of the two school heads. The two of them kept saying that the ones that they chose to be the hostages should be honored to be a part of the Triwizard Tournament and that they did not have a choice in the matter at all. Dumbledore was not sure how Jiwe did not turn them all into toads at that very moment. But, he guessed that it was because she knew who would be coming after the second task took place.

Dumbledore had been hoping that the magical restraining order that Olivia had used would prevent them from using Krinos or Melody. But, it seemed he had underestimated Crouch and Bagman. The two had used house-elves to get all the hostages and keep them in stasis while they were under the water. House-elves were not employed by the ministry, so the restraining order did not affect the creatures. He would need to remember to tell Olivia to adjust the order to affect all things ministry-related that did not have permission from her to be near the trio.

As much as he thought that Olivia showing them how powerful she was was entertaining every time that she did it, there was still the fear that one day she might get so angry that she might take out the entire castle. He had been trying to teach children for over half a century and he would like to keep trying to teach them. Not that many of them actually took the lessons to heart given how they never actually tried to change how things were. Even those that tried to change how things were usually stopped after one or two tries when they see the brick wall of purebloods standing in their way.

Crystal Rose did not have to wait long before the trio were all calling Olivia with their mirror phones. It took a second for them to realize that none of their calls went through because they were all calling her at the same time from different mirrors. After they all facepalmed at the realization, they let Harry be the one to call Olivia in order to get her over to the country as fast as her magic allowed.

Krinos and T'challa were both mostly healed from their time underwater. They both just needed to dry off and spend time on solid ground for their magic to recover. Hestia was a bit more shaken than they were, but that was more psychological than physical. She really has hated water ever since her parents drowned when she was a little girl.

But even with the three of them recovering, as well as Harry, Cedric, Atem, and Viktor all making it out of the lake uninjured, that did not make any of them less angry. And it only made them even more pissed that Fleur's ten-year-old sister had been used as her hostage. They may not like the French girl, but none of them would ever want a little girl like her sister to be involved with such a dangerous task. Especially since Fleur had been attacked by the grindylows and was not able to finish the task. They were just glad that Dumbledore was able to talk with the Black Lake merpeople and had a deal with them that if the champion was unable to finish the task, then they would bring up the hostage themselves. They still hated that such a young girl had been used for the task.

Harry had been on the mirror with Olivia for almost an hour when they got through to her to tell her about what happened. She wanted to know everything, every little detail, before she came to rain down hell on earth. Hell hath no fury like a Gardna scorn. And the fact that the ministry of magical Britain still has not learned that lesson yet spoke volumes of how dumb they all really were.

Things were about to go down and it might be the biggest explosion that Olivia has ever caused. And that says something given that she has blown up a lot of stuff in the past because of her powers. She has done a lot of things behind the scenes of many battles that made sure to keep history on track. The way that things are meant to be.