Part 27

Lia

Rogues. The wolves seem to refer to them a lot. But who are they?

"Rogues are wolves that were either thrown out of their pack or have left them on their own accord. They're often unpredictable and... crazy. A wolf without a pack doesn't do well. Wolves are social creatures and they thrive when in a pack. Being on their own often causes them to go insane." Thea explains, getting a nod in understanding from me.

"So they're crazy wolves. Noted." I joke, trying to lighten up the mood. Thea has been really tense ever since she told me to stop the car in the middle of the woods, supposedly smelling someone. Alex. Lorenzo's friend and beta.

I park the car in front of the house and ask Thea to get the groceries inside while I deliver the bags to the horny idiots upstairs. I don't think Ivy will want to walk around naked. Considering her screams last night, her man wasn't too gentle with her clothes... or her.

I unceremoniously drop the bags in front of Ivy and Lorenzo's door with a loud thud then slip a small note to their room, saying: 'horny idiots'.

I swear to god, those two might be worse than me and Blake. And that's saying something...

After a breakfast with the royals - I love that name for them - Lorenzo and Thea go to check the place she supposedly smelled Alex and the rest of us clean up after the meal. Having eight people in the house means lots of dishes to wash.

"Ren is coming back. - Ivy announces after a while - I think something's wrong."

Before I can even respond, Cade and Vince storm inside and take a protective stance in front of us, shielding us from the door and the kitchen window. Do they think someone's going to jump through the window?

"What's going on?" I ask suspiciously, not liking how tense the wolves are, including Hunter and Skye as they join the King's Guards.

"They found Alex. - Leo says, getting up from his seat at the table and going to the front door - They're bringing him in."

Hunter and Leo walk outside, probably to check what's going on and I catch Ivy try to do the same, but she's stopped by Skye. "Trust me, it's better if you don't see this." She tells Ivy quietly with a worried frown. I'm really getting envious of the wolves' ability to speak telepathically right now... It's obvious that they're communicating like that right now.

I decide to be patient and simply wait for the turn of events, but it's not even a minute before Leo storms back inside, grabs my hand and drags me outside.

It's a real struggle to keep up with his pace as he runs to what looks like a clinic, but I somehow manage to not trip over my own feet. And here I thought I'm in shape.

"Jesus, you're fast." I pant, leaning my hands on my knees as I try to catch my breath once we're inside the clinic.

"Lia, can you help him?" Thea questions seriously, making me turn to her, only to see a mauled lump of blood and flesh lying on the small bed.

"Holy fuck, is he even alive?" I gasp, rushing to the unconscious man, quickly examining his wounds. "This is bad. This is really, really bad." I muttered, quietly taking in the severed skin, the cuts, bruises and the burns on the guy's body. There are places where the skin is literally dangling limply, already too dry to heal properly and I catch sight of few bones poking out of the wounds.

"Can you help?" Lorenzo asks, coming back from outside, already in his human form. "Please tell me you can help him." He stares at me pleadingly. I exchange a worried look with Blake over his shoulder then nod hesitantly.