Part 21

Lia

You've got to be shitting me right now. This can't be real. It. Can't. Be. Real.

"Is it me or she looks just like you?" Blake whispers quietly, sounding as flabbergasted as I feel.

I knew that coming with Lorenzo to the 'meeting' would be strange, but I had no idea it would be this strange. I can't help but stare at the woman Lorenzo called 'Beast' in stunned silence. I just can't get over how much she resembles me.

We could easily be twins. The only difference between us is the color of our eyes. Mine are hazel and Beast's are silver. Apart from that... we're identical.

After Cakey and I came back from our 'date' in the hotel, we patiently waited for Lorenzo and Ivy to wake up after their no doubt eventful night. I remember Lorenzo saying that the meeting was supposed to start at noon, so I made the lovebirds a quick breakfast before we came here.

"Are you aware that there are two humans behind you?" 'Beast' smirks mockingly, folding her arms over her chest.

"I am. - Lorenzo nods - In fact, I have invited them to join us. I believe they might be able to provide us with a fresh insight on the matter we're here to discuss."

"Fine then." The woman shrugs unbothered.

We all head inside the house and go straight to what seems to be an office, where we sit by a long table. There are more than enough seats for everyone to get theirs, but none of the women use them, sitting on their men's laps. I'm not one to judge though, I'm exactly the same, casually hopping onto Blake's lap and leaning my back against his chest.

The moment I'm seated by the table, my gaze sets on Beast, staring at her silently. I don't miss how her man watches me with wide eyes, seemingly as shocked about our resemblance as everyone else.

Lorenzo clears his throat loudly, pulling me and Beast from our trance, then begins the meeting by recounting the events that took place few months ago. Apparently there's been an attack on most of the werewolf packs, but none of the men were apprehended alive, apart from those caught by Beast.

The Luna - it's supposedly a title given to the alpha female - talks about the intruders and how they snuck past the defenses and so on, but then she mentions that they had tattoos on their necks.

Hold on.

Tattoos?

It can't be, right?

The men that attacked Ivy and me at Vegas's club a while ago also had tattoos on their necks. All in the exact same place. Lorenzo met Ivy that night and then disappeared.

Lorenzo... met his mate the same night she was attacked by some men with tattoos on their necks and then right the next day, most of the werewolf packs were also attacked by men with tattoos on their necks. It can't be a coincidence, can it?

"What's wrong, baby?" Blake asks quietly, but I'm too focused on cracking this mystery.

"Lia?" Lorenzo also tries to get my attention, but I don't respond.

"She really looks like you, Angel. You get the exact same look on your face when you think about something." I hear Beast's man, Leo, chuckle quietly.

"Something's not right. - I state after a moment, turning to Beast with a deep frown - What do I call you?"

"You can call me Thea. - you're shitting me with this name right now - I can see you're not afraid of me." Damn right, I'm not.

"Thea, you said they had tattoos. You wouldn't happen to have pictures of them, would you?" Please don't let them be the same...