Part 53

Just a short update this time, but the next one will be longer 😊😊😊

For the next few weeks, both Lia and Blake are quite busy with the wedding preparations. They want everything to be perfect for their special day. Whenever someone points out to them that they may be going a little overboard, they only counter it with their favorite phrase: 'you only get married once'.

Today it's another day spent on preparing for the special ceremony. It's actually one of the most important ones.

Lia is choosing her wedding dress.

"What about this one?" The young woman implores as she walks out of the changing room, showing off her dress to the group waiting in the salon.

"It's so beautiful." Tyson breathes out, feeling his eyes fill with tears as he watches his darling daughter twirl happily in a wedding dress.

"You say that about every single dress she puts on." Maria teases, handing the man a tissue.

"What can I say? It's true. My little mouse will be the most gorgeous bride no matter what she wears." Tyson defends, smiling warmly at his daughter.

"Sappy Grizzly." Cole smirks at his friend then turns to Lia. "You look great, Lilli. Those black details suit you."

"You think? - Lia checks herself in the mirror - Isn't it a bit too much?" She asks Maria and Maggie, deciding to not count on the men's opinion. They're hopeless when it comes to dresses.

"I think it's the best one. It's completely backless, like you wanted, it has black lace, also like you wanted and the bodice fits you perfectly. You look breathtaking." Maria smiles lovingly at her sweet Lia. She had no idea the girl would actually invite her for the dress fitting. But she's glad she came. She doesn't have a daughter, so she will never get a chance to see her baby try on wedding gowns, but Lia is giving her this experience, asking for nothing in return.

"I like it too. I feel it's the one." Lia says, watching herself in the mirror. She's tried almost a dozen dresses, each chosen by one of the people she brought with her, but this one strikes her as her perfect one. It was chosen by none other than her dad. He really knows her the best. He chose the perfect dress. It's a backless A-line wedding gown with a fitting bodice decorated with black lace and a crystal encrusted sweetheart neckline. It has a gorgeous black silk belt to highlight the waist and that perfectly accentuates the frothy layered tulle skirt, finished sheer black layer to make it darker. After everything Lia has done in her life, she felt it wouldn't be right to pretend to be pure and wear white. She wants to somehow honor her past and her true self.

"You're only saying that cause it was Tyson that chose it, aren't you?" Cole teases with a grin.

"Obviously. My dad knows me the best, so I had no doubt that he'd choose something amazing. - Lia deadpans then turns to her father with a warm smile - I love it. It's perfect."

"You really like it?" Tyson asks incredulously.

"I love it. - the girl repeats before addressing the saleslady - I'll take it."

"Of course!" The woman smiles widely, happy to see that one of the most expensive dresses has just been sold by her. The commission will be no joke.

.

.

.

Once Lia has gotten her dress, for which her dad paid, saying that he can't let his daughter buy her own wedding dress, she went to another store to get shoes and other accessories. This time, the men didn't go with her and decided to wait for her at a café nearby.