Part 20

Lia

"I was about to get you. The food's ready." I smile at the adorable couple that is Ivy and Lorenzo as they walk in the kitchen, but my smile soon turns to a worried frown when I notice Ivy's blank expression.

She's been like this ever since she came back from her trip with Lorenzo last week. I have an unsettling feeling that something happened there. Ivy barely even looks at her man, even though he stays with her at all times, looking more heartbroken with each passing day.

Something's not right with them.

"Wow, what a feast!" My friend giggles cheerfully, making me turn to Lorenzo with a questioning look. This is starting to freak me out.

Lorenzo beckons at me to follow him to the living room, where he tiredly sits on the couch, with me on the opposite one. "What is it, Ren?" I question suspiciously, getting an imploring look from the man.

"Ren?"

"Ivy calls you that. - I shrug - But if you want, I can stick to Lorenzo."

"No, it's fine. You can call me whatever you want. - he chuckles before getting serious again - Lia, I need to ask you for a favor..." Knew it.

"Again? - I tease with a smirk - Go ahead, I'm already used to the two of you asking me things."

"I know you've noticed how Ivy has changed over the last few days..."

"Yeah, it wasn't that hard to see..." I nod in understanding.

"Every time I try to ask what's wrong she's shutting me out. I have no move, I don't know if it's something I did or... - Lorenzo sighs in frustration, ruffling his hair - How am I supposed to know what to fix if I don't know what's wrong?" He bemoans, sounding absolutely devastated.

Awwww....

I mean, ewww. Sappy Lorenzo.

"You want me to talk to her." I conclude knowingly.

"I would really appreciate it."

"No problem. - I smile reassuringly, getting a relieved sigh from him - I'll talk to her after dinner. Let's go now or those two will start wondering what's going on. And I don't like cold food, so..." With a cheeky grin I get up from the couch and skip to the kitchen, getting a curious look from my Cakey.

"Should I be jealous?" He questions seriously when he sees Lorenzo follow closely after me.

"No, you shouldn't." I grin, hopping onto his lap happily and giving him a quick kiss.

I watch Ivy during the dinner, not missing how she completely ignores Lorenzo, not even throwing one glance at him. Now I get why the man is worried. This is weird.

After we've all eaten, I tell the guys to clean up the dishes before I go to Lorenzo's office where Ivy is.

"Hey..."

"Hey, Lia." Ivy smiles shyly, sitting on the couch with her knees pulled up to her chest.

I carefully sit beside her on the couch with a quiet sigh. "Talk to me, girl. What's going on with you and Lorenzo?"

"Nothing..." Ivy mumbles.

"You've been avoiding him like the plague, Ivy. What's wrong?" I ask worriedly, getting a heavy sigh in response.

"Last week... we went to some pack because Ren had to announce punishment for some alpha that went on a rampage..."

"Yeah, I know." I nod. Lorenzo told us about it after they came back.