Part 33

Blake

I keep a tight hold on my girl as she hits the witch with her lightning, feeling the heat coming from her body. She's literally scalding hot. But it doesn't hurt. It's just... warm.

Lia would never hurt me, even when she's this mad.

"Was that you?" Thea asks after the smoke from Cornelia's burnt remains settles down. She's staring at Lia inquisitively, almost as though she can't believe it was really my girl that burned the witch.

"Yeah..." Lia breathes out, snuggling into my chest.

"How did you do that?"

"I told you I learned how to use my witch powers... - Lia explains shortly - I just couldn't control them. I may have gone too far, though. I wanted to make the bitch to suffer before dying, but she just made me so mad..." I was right then. Lia's power is connected to her mood. The angrier she gets the stronger her lightning will be.

"Right... Your power is lightning. - Thea nods - It's no use getting into this, so I'll see what's going on with the others. They might need help." I watch stunned as she walks to the edge of the roof and casually jumps off. Damn, this house is three stories high!

I ignore Lorenzo and Ivy as they talk quietly between themselves and concentrate on my girl, who's been staying snuggled into my chest this whole time. "You alright, kitten?" I ask worriedly, stroking her hair soothingly.

"Yeah. I'm alright."

"Babe, don't lie to me." I warn.

"Fine. I'm not alright. I'm really tired... Using that lightning is really draining." Lia tells me, this time truthfully. I used to be really confused about the strange 'ability' to detect lies, but I'm not anymore. I've realized that when people lie, they... smell different. Bitter.

That's another thing I noticed - I can smell things much better than earlier. My sense of smell got increasingly better over time and now I can smell everything around me, even the blood spilled on the ground.

What am I turning into?

"What?!" I turn to Lorenzo when I hear his shocked exclamation.

"They're all dead. - Thea says seriously, having already jumped back onto the roof - Leo said that they all dropped dead the moment the last lightning hit the witch." She glances at Lia pointedly.

"So they're all connected..." Lorenzo concludes. I'm thinking the same. It would make sense, considering that all the men had the same tatts on their necks...

"That's what I'm thinking. We have to do something about the bodies, the humans might get suspicious about the sudden disappearances..." Thea sighs.

"I'll deal with it, it's not an issue. Any casualties on our side?" Lorenzo questions sternly.

"A few, but only the guards that were caught during their patrol. There are some injured, though, and that's why I'm here. - Thea explains shortly then turns to me and Lia - Sweetie, I don't want to bother you... but we've got some injured and we could use your help." Of course...

"Okay. - Lia mumbles, pulling away from my chest - Can you get them all to the clinic? I'll be right there."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ivy asks quietly, getting a reassuring smile from my girl.

"Yeah, this is more important." Lia sighs heavily then tugs at my hand. She looks positively exhausted yet she still puts others first.

We go to the clinic where over a dozen men are already lying on the beds, some of them conscious, some not. There are few guys that are badly injured, so Lia goes to them first.