Part 55

The wolves retreat for a moment to the forest to shift back to their human forms, getting their clothes given to them by Thea, Aiden and Asher, since they're the fastest. All wolves knew they'd shift at the end of the ceremony, and they all came prepared and brought spare clothes with them. Even Cole and his friends got the order from the King. They were quite surprised at first, but Lorenzo only told them he wants to show the young witch that the wolves are with her. The king's wolf, Onyx, was adamant about being present at the wedding in his true form and even his mate couldn't convince him otherwise.

"Now that the wolves are back, shall we get to the most fun part of this whole thing? - Eagle suggests with a grin - Let's party, people!" He cheers, gesturing at the musical duet to start playing again.

The guests take turns congratulating Lia and Blake, giving them their gifts that end up creating a huge pile beside the gazebo where the altar was built. Alan, Lia's grandfather, cries the whole time he holds his granddaughter and tells her how happy he is for her. "You'll dehydrate yourself, grandpa." Lia teases, letting the older man hold her tightly in his frail arms.

"You have no idea how happy I am for you, my darling." Alan croaks, his voice breaking from emotion as he gently holds Lia's face. "My beloved child, I wish you all the best in your new life, I want you to know that I'm so, so proud of you and I will always be grateful that you've decided to give our family a chance, especially after all you've been through."

"I'm glad I did it, too." Lia murmurs quietly.

"You look beautiful, sweetie." Alan smiles then finally releases his granddaughter from his arms, pressing a loving kiss to her forehead before letting her go.

"I had no idea he was so emotional. - Thea smiles warmly as she watches the older man talk to the groom - But it's sweet. He loves you a lot." She tells Lia, having decided to be the last to congratulate the newlyweds. She wanted a moment with her niece.

"I think so... Of course, it can be because he didn't see me for eighteen years..." Lia trails off, watching amusedly as Alan 'threatens' Blake to not hurt his little girl.

"And how's that witch inside you?" Thea implores curiously.

Lia only shrugs casually. "She's good. She stays hidden most of the time, only showing up when I need her."

"How did you tame her?" The Undead is shocked by the revelation.

"I practice my skills on her. - Lia smirks - I've killed her so many times she's terrified of me. Don't worry, she's not a threat anymore. She's trained better than a dog."

"I have no doubt of that. Thank you, Lia. And I'm glad everything has turned out well for you. Congratulations on becoming Mrs Knight." Thea smiles, pulling Lia into a tight hug and stroking her hair softly.

"Thank you." Lia smiles back.

Once everyone's congratulated the newlyweds, Cole grabs the mic Eagle used previously to get the guests' attention. "Mic test. One, two, three. Okay, it works. - he says into the microphone - It's taken us all a while, but we got here. Time for the first dance! Let's give a loud applause to our sweet bride and her father." He announces loudly. The guests immediately make room for the pair. Lia only chuckles at her uncle. She knows he's been looking forward to being the host of the wedding.

"May I have this dance, little mouse?" Tyson holds out his hand to his daughter with a warm smile.

"You may." Lia grins, placing her small hand in her father's much bigger one. Tyson embraces her in his arms, holding her tightly against him as they sway in tune with the music. They don't need any choreography, they don't want to put on a show in front of everyone. They just enjoy the moment.