Part 13

Blake

I watch worriedly as my girl cleans up after the execution, not really liking the empty look in her eyes. The blank expression on her face is just like when Anna announced who she is to Lia. It's not good.

I quickly throw the ax away and pull Lia into my arms, holding her against my chest. "Kitten, come back to me. - I cup her face gently, stroking her blood-covered cheeks - Come on, babe, don't do this." I plead quietly, kissing her a few times.

"I'm here. - Lia mutters, leaning her forehead against my chest - I'm not gone."

"You got me worried for a moment." I sigh heavily, holding my girl tightly.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. What's wrong, baby?"

"He's just like Patrick. - Lia murmurs into my chest - I hate guys like him."

"I know, kitten. I know." I sigh, pressing a small kiss to her head. "Why don't we go get clean, hm?" I suggest with a sad smile. We're literally covered in blood.

We follow the guys back to the clubhouse, leaving Shovel and Blood to deal with the corpses. The moment we enter the common room, we're hit by the sound of cheerful giggles. At least someone's having fun.

Lia and I go to our room to clean up after the gruesome execution. We're both covered in blood. To save water, we take the shower together, not that it's any different from how we usually clean up, but this time there's no sex under the water spray. I can tell that Lia is tired after all she's done in the shed and honestly I wish she could get some rest.

But Tank apparently has other plans. He called Lia to his office for some reason and what worried me a little was how serious he sounded.

Just when Lia and I are about to leave our room after washing up my phone pings with a new message from my dad. "My dad's coming here. - I tell my girl - With mom..."

"Did something happen?"

"Oh right, you didn't hear about that. Killer is looking for a house." I smirk amusedly at the shocked expression on kitten's face.

"Damn, it's about time!"

"I thought the same, so to make things better, I called dad to help with finding a place for Killer and Kathie."

"Aren't you helpful?" Lia teases, giving me a quick peck.

"Killer's a brother now, so how could I possibly not help him?" I shrug, pulling my kitten into my arms. "He's family now, just like the whole club."

"Oh, Phantom... What a sweet man you are." Lia grins, trailing her finger over my chest.

"Oh, Ghost... You're the sweetest woman I know." I grin back, smothering Lia's face in kisses. "I love you."

"I know. I love you too." Lia smiles sweetly, jumping up to give me a kiss.

Lia and I go downstairs, joining Killer, Tank and Gun in their booth. "Killer, my dad will be here in a few." I inform him, getting a surprised look in response.

I stay with Gun while Tank talks to my woman in his office and my dad shows Killer various houses. I'm not surprised when I get a text from my kitten saying that she's joining the ladies in their beauty room. I expected that.

Lia stays with the ladies for the whole evening, so I'm forced to go to bed alone. I hate it. I've got so used to sleeping with my kitten it's a torture to do it without her. It's so lonely in this huge bed that I just can't fall asleep.