Part 26

Lia

When I finally wake up, I check the time, only to see we still have almost two hours until we land. My Cakey is still sleeping soundly underneath me, snoring quietly. I don't want to wake him up, but I know that as soon as I get up from his chest, he'll feel it.

Which is why I'm extremely careful as I get off him. I want him to get as much rest as he can.

We won't be at peace for long.

I groggily get up from the bed and go to the bathroom, washing my face in an attempt to wake up a bit more, but it's futile. I'm still sleepy.

"Hi Lia!" Ivy greets cheerfully as I walk to the sitting area, plopping onto the seat tiredly. Someone's jolly.

"Hey. You look much better now..." I say, yawning loudly.

"And you look much worse. - thanks - Tired?"

"No... I just need to wake up properly. - I yawn again, rubbing my eyes sleepily before turning to my friend with an intrigued look - Are you aware that your eyes are gold?" I ask curiously. It's hard to not notice it, when her eyes are normally chocolate brown...

"What?! - Ivy gasps in shock then turns to Lorenzo - Is it true?"

"Yeah." The man nods with a small smile.

"Why?!"

"Remember how I told you that you'll gain my abilities after we've mated?"

"Yeah..."

"Did you notice that your senses are much sharper now?"

"Yeah..."

"And did you notice that wolves from King's bloodline have golden eyes?" Lorenzo asks, causing my mind to immediately go back to Thalia's journal. King's bloodline... Lorenzo and... Leo's bloodline.

"Yeah... - Ivy nods - Oh... so that's why..."

"So you're saying that she's a werewolf now?" I scrunch my brows in confusion, staring at the royal couple imploringly.

"Pretty much. - seriously? - But she doesn't have a wolf, so she won't shift. Ivy just has the abilities of a werewolf. Her senses are already getting sharper and her speed and strength will gradually increase until they match mine." Lorenzo explains, making me nod in approval. It's good that Ivy will be stronger. She'll need it.

"Holy damn, you're gonna be strong, girl!" I smirk, making Ivy giggle merrily.

"Now it's my turn to protect you!" She gushes.

"Yeah, yeah." I nod mockingly.

It's not long before my Cakey joins me, scolding me for leaving him alone in bed, but we don't stay together for long. Thea, Skye, Ivy and I go to the lounge area, leaving the men behind.

We talk, gossip, laugh and exchange stupid stories for the rest of the flight, trying to be as much at ease as we can before trouble begins. It's good to let off some steam like this, but I'd much rather stay with Blake. I'm not used to being away from him for so long. If you can even call two hours long.

As soon as the plane lands, I whisper to Thea to cover herself up then rush to the exit with Blake right beside me. "We just need to get something." I call out to Lorenzo casually as my man and I leave the plane.

"Hey, sis!" Adrian greets with a grin, pulling me in for a tight hug, spinning me around before he finally puts me on the ground. "Oh, how I missed your cute face."

"Thanks, bro. - I grin then turn to Bone and Rage - Hey guys." I greet as Adrian exchanges a bro-hug with Blake. "It's great to see you again."

"You too, sister." Bone smirks knowingly.