Part 40

After all the ceremonies are finally over, it's time to get back to life.

But it's not as easy as it sounds.

Blake is still devastated from the loss of his parents and the only person that keeps him sane is his girl. She stays with him at all times, not leaving his side even for a moment. She's his anchor to reality.

While Blake tries to deal with the death of his parents, Lia does her best to deal with all that follows it. Thankfully she has her dad with her and all the family. They've been staying in nearby hotels, some of them, namely Lia's dad and his friends are staying at her house, sleeping on mattresses and couches, Lia's brothers are at the clubhouse and Thea and other werewolves are staying with Lorenzo in his mansion out of town.

Lia notices their questioning looks during the funeral, almost as if they couldn't believe that Blake was already so well. 'The crash was horrible, so how did he get better so quickly?' they must've thought.

It's time to reveal the secret to them.

Even though the reason for their visit is sad and devastating, there's one thing that it made easier.

Telling everyone about Lia's true identity.

Everyone is here. There will be no better moment to do this. And if they decide they want nothing to do with her, there will be no better time for them to leave.

"Babe, I'm going to leave for a moment, okay? I'll be downstairs if you need me." Lia tells her man softly, stroking his head as he lies on his parents' bed. They've moved to Blake's house soon after the funeral. Blake refused to sleep in his old bedroom and instead moved to his parents' room. He didn't even change the bedding or get his parents' things out of the closet. He spends his whole days there, just lying on the bed and sleeping.

"Do you have to go?" Blake mutters quietly, leaning his face against Lia's hand.

"I need to tell them about us before they leave. But I couldn't leave you alone, so I called them all here. - Lia explains - I'll be back soon, okay?"

"I'll go with you." Blake declares, groggily getting up from the bed and going to his bedroom, where he quickly gets dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a loose t-shirt. He may be in pain, but he's not leaving his kitten to deal with everything on her own.

"You don't have to come, Blake, I can take care of it."

"You're mine, kitten, and I will never leave you. You're not doing this alone."

"But I don't want you to push you so hard..." Lia frowns worriedly, walking up to her man and putting her arms around him in a sweet hug. "You have enough on your shoulders, you don't have to worry about this too. I'll deal with it."

"No, kitten, that's not true. You're not pushing me. I want to be with you." Blake wraps his arms around Lia's shoulders and kisses her ash grey hair softly. "Let's tell them about us. And whatever happens, happens."

"Okay then. - Lia nods - Let's get it off our chests and get back to bed, hmm?"

"Smart as always, my kitten." Blake gives his girl a small smile then takes her hand and leads her to the living room, where all of Lia's family and friends are already waiting. Everyone's here, so it's a bit crowded, but thankfully the lounge is big enough to fit them all. The elders are sitting on the couches and the rest are standing by the walls and windows.

They patiently wait for Lia to give them the news, slightly worried about what their young girl wants to tell them. Only Tyson and his friends know what Lia is about to say. Lia's father has already talked to the guys about the whole 'witch' thing. The men weren't surprised. They've known that their little Lilli is no ordinary girl since they first met her. Especially Cole, Kian and Matt. They sensed that she's different than normal people, but they never said anything about it.