Part 14

Lia

I hesitate for only a second before entering the room Ivy's in. I have no idea what to expect. She's been missing for three months and then suddenly ends up with Lorenzo in Canada.

I have no idea what to think of it.

Taking a deep breath, I open the door, only to see my friend sitting on the bed with a notepad in her hands, staring at me with worried look. "Hey, Ivy." I greet warmly, getting a small smile in response. "I'm Lia. I'm not sure if you remember me, though."

'I don't, sorry. But Lorenzo said you're my friend.' I can't help but frown when Ivy shows me the note. 'Did he tell you what happened?'

"He didn't. I'd rather you told me what's going on." I smile gently, sitting on the bed beside my friend. "Though I can tell you can't really speak." I add with a small chuckle.

'I was bitten and I can't talk. I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you what's going on, but I'm also confused. That's why I asked Lorenzo... if there's a friend I could talk to.'

"It's fine, I get it. It must be hard for you..."

'The hardest part is... not remembering. I don't know anything about me...' I sigh at the sad frown on Ivy's face.

"That can't be easy... I'm sorry."

'you don't need to be, I at least have someone to talk to now'

"Exactly. - I smile - You can talk to me anytime. So, why don't you start by telling me what happened to you? How did you end up here?" I ask gently, getting a short nod from Ivy before she starts furiously scribbling on her notepad.

'I woke up in the hospital a while ago. The doctor said I was in coma for three months and I lost my memory due to blood loss or something. I didn't even remember my own name. My "father" said I tried to kill myself, but I don't think that's true... Then... Jake, my "husband" came. He bit me while I was asleep and I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't breathe or speak. He got mad at the doctor for calling "the King" and tried to take me out of the hospital. Then Lorenzo saved me. You know... when he's with me, I feel better. I'm not in so much pain. He called me his mate. If he bites me, it'll help me heal from Jake. I don't know how that works, but'

"But what?"

'nevermind'

"It's okay, Ivy, you can tell me." I assure with a soft smile.

'I'm scared'

"Of what?" I pry gently, moving to sit cross-legged in front of Ivy.

'What if... something goes wrong? Lorenzo said that the bite is called "a mark" If he marks me I'll go into heat for a weak because the "bond" will demand completion or something like that. I don't want to be in pain for a week'

I don't even try to hide my surprise at all the revelations Ivy throws on me. Lorenzo being a werewolf is just the tip of the iceberg here. Ivy tells me - well, writes - that the guy is actually four thousand years old and he's not the only inhuman creature in existence. There are many other werewolves, which I expected already, but that's not all. There are also witches and Undeads. I've got no idea what those are.

Ivy also tells me about her connection to Lorenzo. I find it cute how she smiles when she writes about him. She mentions that she's his 'mate', whatever that is.

Supposedly it means that Ivy and Lorenzo share one soul which was torn into two pieces by a witch thousands of years ago.

Great. As if this whole thing is not complicated enough.