"I thought you wanted to talk to me," he said.

"About... what?" I stared at him, then remembering that night, I looked away. I can feel my cheeks burning.

"I don't know. About..." he hung the last word. I waited but he didn't continue so I looked back at him. JK is looking at me intently. I swallowed.

"Us?" I said in almost a whisper. He smirked. Okay. I guess that's not the right word. "I mean.. us as... uhm... housemates?" I gave myself an internal slap. Rose Anne, just what the hell are you saying?!

"Housemates," he repeated, averting his eyes from me. "We kissed, Rose Anne Leighton. I thought you wanted to ask me about that."

I held my breath. Why did we suddenly have this conversation! I AM NOT PREPARED.

"If my mom knew it, she'd surely start planning for our wedding. So we must not let her know."

I nodded. As if I have the guts to tell that to Auntie.

"And as we are on the topic, I don't want you to misunderstand--"

"I won't," I said and he looked at me. JK doesn't want me to misunderstand. So it means... the kiss was nothing? But why did he do that for? To tease me? To make me realize how much I am into him? I felt my eyes tear up. I sniffed and stood, "Don't worry. I will not misunderstand anything, JK. I know... my place." I will go to my room."

"Rose Anne--"

But I did not look back.

It hurts so much I don't know if I can hold back my tears if I look at JK.

Why does he have to be this cruel?

----Jim's POV

Woah. This is his house?

"How's your arm?" JK asked. We sat on the sofa.

"All healed, thanks to my nurse," I winked. Prez Ram smirked. "I really got a pretty nurse you know?"

"I didn't say anything," Ram said. "By the way JK, I thought you wanted to go check out that new bar? Why did you back out?"

I answered for him, "I told him Soyeon is coming." I nudged JK who just frowned at me. "Eyy, bro, I told you Soyeon's really into you. Why do you play hard to get? Do you know how many guys wanted to be in your position?"

"Like you?" Ram snapped.

"Oh, no way, prez. I got my girl already," I moved my brows up and down.

"Who?" asked JK while giving me an 'I can't believe you' look which really hurt me.

"I do have a girlfriend okay? I mean, she's not yet my girlfriend but... She will be." I showed them my phone's wallpaper.

JK stared at me in disbelief.

Ram frowned at the photo. "Isn't that your..."

"Yup. It's Elise Ramirez."

"Tch."

I looked at JK. "What? Do you think I won't get her? Well bro, let me tell you. I am not like you who sucks at dating."

"I don't."

Ram just laughed.

"Where's your mom, bro?" I asked instead. "And your sister?"

"My mother went somewhere and Jasmine is in her room."

I looked around. This house is big. I wonder how much---

"Let me ask you something," JK said all of a sudden. I looked at him and he seemed to be in a deep thought. "Say you kissed someone. And you tell her not to misunderstood---"