THIRTY-EIGHT

Rose's POV

Sighing, I stood as a bus arrives. But when I was about to get in, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me----

"Rose Anne!"

I gasped, but then smiled as I watch him pull me away from the bus.

"Did I act... like an idiot back there?"

I shook my head, "No. I saw how sincere and honest you are, Van."

Van smiled, not like the one he gave me before. "I gave it a thought. As I look out my window and watch you walk away, I thought about it... Rose, do you... are you and JK--"

"Are we officially dating?" I continued for him. "No, Van we're not."

He sighed and held both of my hands, "It's my sign." He smiled even bigger, "I thought, if, I followed you here and learn you're JK's girlfriend now, I will stop and let you go. But if not," he lifted my hands and kissed them. I felt a sudden rush of guilt. "Rose Anne, I will continue showing you what I feel."

"Van..."

He let go of my hands and held my shoulders, "It's okay even if you don't reciprocate what I feel. Don't be pressured. I'm happy as it is that you're not keeping away from me despite everything."

"Why would I keep away? Van, you are a very, very nice person." I smiled at him. I think, if I am not into JK, I would fall for him.

"Thank you. I won't act like an idiot and shut you all off," he laughed. "I'll follow Jennie to the company. Do you want to come with me?"

I glanced at the time. It's still early, "Sure."

He held my left hand and guided me back to his apartment. After a few minutes, we're off on the road in his car.

I keep glancing at Van as he drives. He's not saying something like before, but I can tell he's happy. His eyes are bright, just as they always have been. And as much as I am guilty about hurting him, I am thankful because he never treats me wrongly.

----Jim's POV

"Did she reply?" I asked in an undertone to Elise when we were out of the restaurant. I look at JK looking sulkily at his phone.

"Not yet," Elise muttered and gave JK a glare, "What is he asking Van's address for?"

"Well, to follow Rose Anne I think?" I smirked.

"What the hell did you text him for him to react like that?" she muttered angrily.

"Nothing," I said with all the innocence I could muster. Elise snatched my phone. "Hey! You're not my girlfriend yet---"

"Shut up."

Ah. I guess if she's officially my girlfriend, I couldn't make any secrets from her.

I looked over Elise's shoulder as she found my convo with JK.

[Hey dude. Tell u what!!!!! Rose Anne Leighton went to Richardson's apartment 😜😜😜 I told you you'd lose her in no time bro.]

[Yo. I heard he's gonna propose to her or something about being his official gf. I heard there's beer too]

"Sorry, I got a bit exaggerating," I murmured. Elise slumped my phone onto my chest, then she went to JK.  "Hey!"

"Why are you asking for Van's address?" she asked JK with glaring eyes. "Who are you to mind her own lovelife?"

JK looked coldly at Elise and I stood between them.

"Hey bro, chill. I was just joking at the beer part okay?"