TWENTY-SEVEN

Rose's POV

"Aaaahhh Rosie darling, JK sweetie!"

Aunt Annaly greeted us with open arms as we enter the house.  She gave us each two kisses.

"I missed you both. Ooh you did the grocery shopping?" Aunt Annaly took the bags from her son and looked at him fervently. I can already hear what she's going to say next so I told her I'd bring the bags I have to the kitchen.

"I'll come with you, Rosie!" She said and went to the kitchen first.

I looked at JK who just watched his mom then went upstairs. I sighed.

"Rosie! Are you going to bake?" Aunt Annaly said as I laid the ingredients on the table.

"Yes Auntie. I'm going to give cookies to my club members. They've been working really hard these past few days."

"Oh, how sweet of you! When will the performance be?"

"Second week of December."

"That's great.. but a bit sad. You're mom wanted to attend but she's not coming back til the last week."

I nodded, "Mom told me that. It's fine. I can let my friends take a video." I took the eggs from the basket.

"No, no, no. I'll attend of course!"

"Really Auntie? You're going to watch JK perform?"

"No, I'm going to watch you--- wait, sweetie, who would perform?" she asked in shock.

"JK. He joined the club." I smiled.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!"

I was surprised at Auntie's sudden shout that I accidentally let go of the eggs I'm holding.

JK appeared out of nowhere, "What happened?"

Aunt Annaly looked at her son while clasping her two hands. When JK approached us, she held both of his cheeks. "Sweetie! You have joined the music club?"

JK sighed and glanced at me. I bit my lip and held out a peace sign.

"Mom---"

"Why didn't you told me? Ahihi! I'm going to buy a new video camera--no! I'll rent a videographer to take a video of your performance hihi! I'm going to contact Director Gino if he could recommend a good one."

"Shouldn't you take a rest?" JK asked his mother who just waved her hand and left giggling.

JK looked at me like I did something.

"Sorry--- I didn't know Auntie doesn't---"

"What happened to the eggs?"

"I--I let go of them in shock when Auntie screamed," I laughed a bit.

"What are you going to bake?"

"Uhm... Just... Some cookies."

"I'll go and buy new eggs. You can put these on a tupperware so we can still cook them," he went out.

I followed him with my eyes. He's extra kind today? What could have happened?

I shook my head. Nevermind that Rose Anne. At least there's a development between you two.

---

Mom told me that if you put your heart into cooking, the result would be great. She's not a professional like Auntie Annaly but she makes super delectable dishes that I can be proud of.

I also cook with mom, and I can pretty much do certain easy dishes. I've baked cookies and cakes before but mom is helping me so everything went perfect.