EIGHTEEN

Rose's POV

Now what did I do?

I fidgeted on my seat and tried to focus on the pasta I'm eating. But... JK's annoyed face keeps swimming into my mind. I sighed and looked at his direction again. He's looking away now, while drinking wine.

"Is that JK Alison?"

I coughed. Van had noticed!

"A-Ahm, yes he--"

Van pouted, "What is he doing here?"

"He's with us," I said and took a forkful of pasta.

Van frowned at me. "'With us'? What do you mean 'with us'?"

"With us. He went with Aunt Annaly and Jasmine and me," I said, and drank my juice.

Van is still looking confusedly at me. "So you say... You and JK? You came here t-together?"

I nodded. I almost drank all the juice.

Van put down his fork and drank his own juice in one go. His face is flushing.

"Van, are you alright?"

"No, I am not," he said and his face and neck is now near red. "Rose Anne, tell me. Why are you and JK together?"

I frowned. "What do you mean why? Why not? We live---"

(((⊙__☉))) HOLY MOLY!

VAN WOULD KNOW I'M WITH JK ALISON!!!!

"Rose? Rose? Are you alright? You suddenly became pale?" Van reached for my face.

"I--I--r-restroom.. I need to go to the r-restroom," I said, standing up and going away.

I saw Van is looking confused still, but at least I distracted him from his question.

I saw a waiter and asked for the restroom. He pointed the direction and I immediately went there. I slapped my cheeks in front of the mirror. "Rose Anne Leighton! Why were you not using your mind!" If Van learned about my living arrangements, he might think about it falsely. And if JK learned that I told Van, he will surely get mad at me again!

"Rose Anne, please use your head okay?" I said to myself. Then, after a few deep breaths, I went out again. I looked at Van from afar. He is looking at his phone. I wonder if he had forgotten our topic...

Thank goodness I was able to prevent myself from spilling the secret to him.

I looked at JK's seat. He is not there already. Now where could he be?

I hope he didn't notice my mistake---

"Let's go."

I almost shouted when someone grabbed my right hand, good thing I immediately noticed it's "JK?!" I blurted, staring at his broad back as he pulls me away from that spot. We went to the back gate, and seconds later, we're outside the venue.

"W-Why did we go out--"

He faced me, and I stepped back before I bump onto him. "We're going home."

"Huh? But Aunt--"

"I will call her later. Let's go," he said then pulled me again.

I swear I almost smiled. My cheeks are somewhat hurting because I'm preventing myself from smiling. Why is he even doing this to me? He's holding my hand again!

"Where will we ride? We're going to commute?" I asked afterwards.

"Shall we fly?" He said while still walking in front of me.