FORTY-SEVEN

Rose's POV

I finished telling Elise and Jennie about what happened at the bar, and they have different opinions about it.

"It's okay, Rose, you did that because you care for him," Jennie said. "It's a part of liking someone. Everything about the person concerns you, because they're important for you."

I know Jennie understands me because we are in the same situation. But Elise has another say at what I was doing.

"I know you like that prick, but heck, Rose Anne, aren't you getting tired of the usual scenario?" Elise blurted with her right fist on the table, "You always go after him. All he ever do is ignore you."

Jennie sighed, "Did he ever show a sign that he likes you or what?"

"That is what I wanted to know too," Elise said. "Or none I guess?"

They both looked at me. I fidgeted in my seat. I looked around the canteen to find anything that could possibly distract us from the topic but today everything seems too normal. If Sue was here, I could also have heard her opinion. Too bad she's busy with her club right now.

"It's... It's not that there's nothing..." How would I explain it to them?

Jennie frowned, "So you mean he actually had shown signs that he likes you?"

Elise's eyebrows raised an inch from their original position. "Don't tell me you've been keeping it a secret!"

"No---I intend to tell it but---"

"Oho!" Elise tapped the table loudly, "So there is something!? What's that? Come on, spill."

Jennie smiled. "Yeah, and we'll analyze whether it's worthy of your efforts or not."

I took a deep breath. "Well... he gave me this cute snow globe at New Year."

Elise rolled her eyes, "Tuh. Every guy can give a girl a snow globe."

"You know what a snow globe symbolizes?" Jennie asked and Elise and I looked at her, "Childhood, innocence, happy days."

"Whatever meaning it has, I still prefer food," Elise muttered.

"It's the first time he gave me something though," I said.

"Are there any other signs?"

I stared at Jennie. "He... he told me to hold on."

Elise's mouth hang open.

Jennie frowned, "What? Hold on?"

I sighed, "Until he's sure of what he feels."

"Fxxk that!" Elise said loudly. Some students threw us dark looks. I hushed her but Elise continued, "You know what, just stop it. Stop going after that guy! He's just playing around, Rose Anne! What does he think of you?"

"That's enough, Elise," Jennie said, "Rose, I think you have to reconsider things. What if he ends up not liking you? You're investing your feelings on something uncertain."

I looked down at the table. "You think he doesn't like me?"

"Argh, Rose Anne, you are my bedt friend and I love you but I can't stand your stupidity."

"Elise!" Jennie exclaimed.

"It's okay, I know it's true. I'm so stupid."

I felt Elise's hand on my shoulder.

I wiped my eyes, "But what can I do? I really like him. I can't stop myself from worrying about him. It pains me that I am causing him trouble. I wanted to ask him what that kiss means but---"