TWENTY-FOUR

JK's POV

I got out of the car holding a big paper bag of our dinner. I was about to close the door when I saw the comb on my dashboard. I took it and almost smiled. Tsh. Who uses comb like this? This looks like those sick combs used by fictional princesses in those overacting disney movies.

I'd ask my sister first. Though I guess I know whose comb is this...

"JK!" Jasmine ran to meet me on the front porch.

I showed her the comb, "This yours?"

She grimaced, "Ew, no!"
She took the paper bag and gasped. "We're gonna have fried chicken and burger for dinner?"

"Yes, but don't tell mom," I said while removing my shoes. I looked at the shoerack. Her shoes is here. I followed Jasmine to the kitchen door, "Don't eat yet. Wait for me."

She gave me a thumbs up but picked a chicken leg. I shook my head with a smile at my sister and went to my room. I placed the comb on my bedside table. I quickly changed, and when I got out, I looked at her door.

"JK? What's taking you so long, I'm so hungry---" Jasmine stopped at the top of the stairs. Her eyebrows raised, kinda reminds me of our mom. "What are you staring at?"

I shook my head then walked towards her. I put my arms around her shoulders and led her down the stairs.

She glanced up at me, "You're looking for Rosie?"

"No."

"She went out," she said, ignoring my answer. "I thought she was crying."

I frowned. We reached the kitchen and Jasmine quickly took her seat and put food on our plates. "Crying?" I asked her.

"Yep. But I'm not so sure..." She glanced at me, "but her eyes were red like she cried."

I did not respond. I unwrapped my burger and stared at the two other burgers I bought. What could be her problem though? Is it her mom?

"Did you guys fight?"

I was surprised at my sister's question that I looked suddenly at her. She sort of laughed at me.

"What gave you that idea?" I said,  focusing on my food again.

"Well, you always bicker," she took a big bite of her burger while giving me a right brow raise.

I smirked at her.

When she had swallowed her food, she said with a naughty smile, "You don't like her, do you, JK?" I just looked at her. "Well, I don't like her too. She's ugly and you're too good for her." Jasmine laughed.

"What?" I laughed. This kid really. "Be kind to her," I said finishing my food. I put Rose Anne's burger and chicken on a tupperware. If ever she'd like to eat, she should just reheat them.

"But... okay. She's kind of cool too sometimes, just a crybaby," she laughed again.

"Finish eating and wash the dishes," I told her. She just rolled her eyes and continued eating.

I got out of our house and just stood by the poolside. I wonder where she went. Well, these past weeks, she rarely eats at home. She goes to school very early and eats dinner out. She doesn't ride my car anymore. I wonder what went into her. It's as if she became... how do I put this--cold?

I sat down on the swing and looked at the gate. It's already past 7pm. She should be home already.

My phone beeped and I averted my eyes from the gate. I saw that mom sent the message, and I kind of feel disappointed. At least she should message me if she would leave. I mean, her mother and my mother left her to me. She's my responsibility in some ways.