TEN

***JKs POV

I followed her to the second floor where our rooms are. But as I set foot on the topmost step, I saw the door on her bedroom close.

I walked to my room, which is just beside hers. I stood in front of her door. Shall I knock?

"You threw it. You threw it so its never yours. You don't have the right!"

So she got angry just because I stated a fact?

I lowered my hand which is already half-raised on her door. If I knock, it will surely cause a misunderstanding. Besides, Mom is still inside Jasmine's room. Knowing her, I am sure that if she ever learns that I went inside this girl's room, I might get married suddenly. So I stepped back and entered my room.

My room has a veranda where I rarely goes out into. I think her room also has one. I went to the veranda, and sat there to watch the sky. I looked at her side of the house. It's a quiet night I wonder if she's already asleep.

I stood and went to the edge of the veranda. I know I will be able to see the inside of her bedroom from here, but the curtains are drawn. So I sat back again.

Maybe I was out of the line?

I sighed.

But it's her fault.

She's annoying. Mom is annoying. Well, I think all girls has that quality that when they love, it suffocates.

But you shouldn't have said those words to her.

I shook my head.

But did I go too far?

Now, why am I having this internal debate?

My phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket. A message from Jim.

[Bro, have you seen this?]

He had sent me a link to Rendezvous, the online magazine and news portal of the school. I don't really read this because what they publish are mostly gossips, and all those nonsense things I could think of. But curiosity got into me so I clicked on the link, and it redirected me to an article. The first thing that caught my attention is the large gif that occupies one-thirds of the page. It was Leighton and Richardson; they seemed to be walking, and they are both holding something like ice cream cups. I stared at Leighton's laughing face.

So she and Richardson are close?

My eyes darted to the title. The HAHS King found his Queen: Leighton is one lucky girl!

Tsh, I closed the article and looked at Leighton's window. She was acting all sensitive but her love life is being gossiped about by the whole HAHS. Shaking my head, I went inside my room.

I was lying on my bed when Jim sent another message.

[Bro! 1-0. Van on the lead eh?]

I typed my reply. [Idiot]

[Nah. You wait, I will be the one telling that to you when Rose Anne Leighton date him :P]

"As if I would care," I murmured, then I threw my phone onto my study table.

***Roses POV

"Good morning, Rosie!" Aunt Annaly was as lively as ever. She hurriedly placed a muffin on my plate and gave me a cup of hot chocolate. "How is it between you and JK?" she whispered.

JK is sitting just opposite me, reading the newspaper while sipping his coffee. I know he heard his mom.

I just smiled and took a bite at my muffin.