THIRTY-SEVEN

Rose's POV

"What? He's a complete mxthrfxxngxsshxle!"

I grimaced at Elise who stuffed her mouth with fried chicken after cursing.

"Sah-rry, I was carried away," she muttered after swallowing. We are eating at a chicken restaurant. Sue is not here, because she has an urgent matter to take care of.

I rested my chin on my hands and sighed.

"Tell your clubmate not to believe that guy," she added.

I told Elise about what JK has said. But I didn't tell her it's me and JK. I just made up a story that one of my clubmates asked me an advice.

"You think?" I asked sadly. Ever since JK has told me to 'hold on', I still can't get it out of my mind. That's why I asked Elise to eat out, so I can low-key ask for an advice.

"Yes. Because it will be unfair to that girl. Okay, let's say the guy develops feelings for her, then it will be a good thing. BUT," Elise banged her left hand on the table loudly, "if not? Then she'd just suffer. So tell your club mate not to mind that idiot. He's just playing around. If he likes her, then why beat around the bush?"

"But what if he's not sure of how he feels?"

"So you're saying it is fine to just compromise her feelings? No, Rose Anne. That's being dumb."

I flinched.

"Anyway, do I know this person---"

"Wait, is that Jim?" I pointed out to the opposite street (the wall is glass).

"Where?!" Elise said crouching down. "Did he see me?"

"He left," I said, then started eating. I really did not see Jim. I just made it up because I wanted to change the topic.

"Goodness... I don't know what to do with that dummy," Elise shook her head like someone problematic.

"Why? Is there something going on with you two?"

"Ugh. Don't even ask," she muttered.

"Wait, I have been noticing something---"

"Just drop it. I don't want to talk about that prick."

I laughed. "But he's nice. And he's just taller by a few centimeters---"

"Can you stop please?"

I continued to tease her.

"By the way, did you talk to Richardson after the dinner party?" Elise asked afterwards.

I stopped laughing, "No. Why?"

"Nothing." She gave a brief smile, then looked at me again, "Ah, I talked to Jen yesterday. She mentioned that Van is not coming to the set. He's not even answering her calls."

I frowned. "I haven't talked to him since the team dinner." I remembered he left when I came back after that 'incident' with JK.

"Do you think he's sick?" Elise said and I shrugged. "Do you know his address?"

My phone rang. Jennie is calling.

"Hello Jen? What's up?"

'Rose, can you come over? I think something is wrong with Van!'

***

I arrived in front of Van's apartment minutes after Jennie called me and texted me the address. She looked really worried when she saw me.