FIFTY-TWO

JK's POV

[Don't worry Mom. The operation went well, so just wait for Aunt Rhea at ease. I'll take care of Jasmine]

I sent the message to mom after calling her. She was crying and insisting to go back, but it would just be a hassle. Besides, I can stay here until she comes back.

"You're Jasmine Alison's guardian?" a nurse approached me.

I nodded, "Yes."

"We moved her to room 411."

"Thanks." I headed to Jasmine's room. She was asleep when I got there. I pulled the sofa near her bed and sat down.

"How is auntie?" Rose Anne went out of the CR. She sat beside me, and tucked in Jasmine's blanket.

"She wanted to come back but I told her not to." I looked at her bandaged ankle. "How is it?"

She looked at her foot too, and smiled a bit. "The doctor said I just need not to use my foot forcefully. How about you? Did you have dinner?"

Look at her, worrying about my dinner when she doesn't even have a jacket on.

"I'm fine---" I removed my jacket but when I turned to her...

She's dozing off while sitting.

Look how tired you are.

I placed the jacket on her back, "You can go home and get rest. I'll stay here."

She spoke without opening her eyes, "You should go home. You had work, I'll stay with Jasmine---" and before she could finish her sentence, she slumped back on the sofa.

I carefully laid her back and took an extra blanket for her.

You must have been really scared, too, I thought as I look at her.

Thinking I should wake her up later, I stared at her. Her eyes and nose are slightly red because of crying, and I can see that she's tired. I raised my hand to remove a strand of hair from her face when she suddenly muttered something.

"--Jasmine... it's okay... i won't leave you..."

But she's still sleeping.

"You worry even while you sleep," I whispered and smiled at her. I moved closely towards her, and before I could stop myself, I leaned over and kissed her gently. I smelled her tears, but the softness of her lips made me almost dizzy---I know I wanted more---

I heard a gasp and when I looked, Jasmine is staring at me with her bulging eyes.

Shoot. Now I should expect my wedding engagement to come.

I smiled uncertainly at Jasmine and sat straight, motioning for her to keep quiet. She just gave me a pout and covered her face with blanket.

"Who took the cookies?!" Rose Anne blurted again. She's still asleep.

"No one. So just sleep." I pulled the blanket over to cover her face. "Tsh. How can you be so cute when you sleep..." Shaking my head, I stood up.

I'm crazy.

----Elise's POV

"Elise! Elise please let me explain---"

I stopped and Jim bumped onto my back. When I faced him, he's massaging his nose.

"I'mnorry--" he said while pinching his nose. "I wann't neanny nerious win nat---"

"Don't!" I said, giving him a dark look. "Don't explain and don't follow me! Okay!"