PREVIEW

"I love you."

He whispered the words in between kisses as his right hand held up her nape. His left hand caresses her back down, then to her side, and she felt it slid inside her blouse.

She opened her mouth as a pleasant sensation crawled from his warm hands to all over her body. She tightened her hands around his neck--she's scared she might strangle him but no. She knew she won't. He's the one taking her breath away.

A soft moan escaped her mouth—

BLAG.

"Rose Anne Leighton?"

I hid the book under my pillow and stood up to face my Mom.

"Y-Yes?"

"I have been standing here for ages, calling you. Why are you not responding? What are you reading?"

I coughed. "N-No-I wasn't reading... I was.. uhm.. I was sleeping. Why?"

"Annaly called me. She said let's come early," Mom grinned. "It's JK's 20th birthday. You should be excited."

I smiled. Kinda forcedly.

"I am. Er... I'll come down in a bit." I went over to my table and took my bag.

Mom went down.

I blew off my breath in relief.

Then I retrieved the book from underneath the pillow. 'Hot Nights with Evan' I grimaced as I read the title. I should return this to Sue. What on earth did I agree to read this kind of book?! My virgin brains!

I put it in my drawer.

As I checked my reflection on my mirror, my phone beeped.

A message from JK.

[JK
I'll be late at the dinner. Eat with them, don't wait for me]

I sighed. It's his birthday dinner. Why would he be late?

I hastily replied with an okay and heart emoji. But deep inside, I'm a bit disappointed.

Almost two years since we've been in a relationship, yet everything still seems surreal. As he and I are in different schools, we have to only see each other a few times a month, and during school breaks. Sometimes, I wonder if I really have a boyfriend.

But I don't have any hard feelings on JK. I mean, when we are together, I can feel that he's making it up for all the times we're not together. Don't think he had become sweet. He's still cold and poker-faced like before. But he doesn't treat me badly, smiles at me when needed, and always shares his mind to me.

Ours is not the movie-type relationship. It's just typical. And I hate (or as Elise said I should be worried) to admit that we just kissed once or twice since we have been together.

It makes me wonder, really.

Does he not desire me? I mean, look at all those movies I've seen. And in this book, one single touch and they are... I mean, I don't want to be obscene like that. I know JK respects me. I can fee it, the way he touches me. 'Touch' as in holding hands, little hugs, forehead kisses... just those.

Sue told me maybe JK thinks I don't want intimate skinship. Elise is too cruel to say that JK might be thinking I'm too innocent for my own good. And that JK might be expecting me to give a move.

I was like "what?"

Is that needed when dating?

But as much as I say JK plainly respects me, I can't help but feel a bit unconfident. That's why I have been 'educating' myself with the guidance of my two 'no-boyfriend-since-birth' best friends.