SEVENTEEN

Rose's POV

"Good mooooorning! Rosie? Are you awake?"

I opened my eyes to see Aunt Annaly giggling. "Today... we are going to my friend's baby shower! And you are going with me!"

"Yes, Auntie." I yawned. "Is JK..."

I stopped. Why am I thinking about him so early in the morning?

"Hihi! He is joining us too, of course! So up you get and prepare," then Auntie went out.

It's just 5am, but thankfully, I was able to sleep well last night. I checked my phone for any messages before going to the bathroom.

It took me some minutes to prepare, and by the time I went down, they are all ready to go. Jasmine is in the car, still sulky because she doesn't want to sit on the driver's side. JK is in the backseat, with his earphones on and sleeping. I sat beside him.

Only Aunt Annaly seemed to be happy with this trip. I wonder what she told JK to make him go with us?

"You might be wondering why JK is also here?" Auntie said, looking at me through the rear view mirror. "Well, I just have mentioned some magic words..." she winked, then drove off.

I glanced at JK. I still don't understand him. It's been two weeks since I started living with him but I still can't read him.

Is he asleep?

I stared at him intently. He sure is asleep. It's not questionable, since it's still early---

PEEEEEEEPP---

The car suddenly stopped and too many things happened at exactly one time.

Aunt Annaly cursed. Jasmine shouted. And because I wasn't paying attention, I almost bumped into the car seat in front of me if not only for...

"Are you okay?"

I stared at JK. He's holding me--hand in front of me across to my shoulder, and looking worried.

"I... Y-Yes--"

"Rosie!" Aunt Annaly said and her son immediately released me. "Are you fine? And you JK?"

"Yes, Auntie," I said, slightly feeling awkward. My heart is starting to beat fast again.

"What happened?" JK said, looking out of the window.

"That car in front suddenly stopped without signal! If I hadn't stopped in the last minute, we could have crashed! Wait, son, where are you going?"

JK went out of the car. He walked straight to the car stopped in front.

"Jasmine, stay here. Rosie, please stay with Jasmine," and Aunt Annaly went out too, and I stayed inside.

"What would happen to Mom? Will she be arrested?" Jasmine asked. She's close to tears, and it's the first time she didn't roll her eyes at me.

I can see that she's afraid.

"No, she'll be fine. It's not Auntie's fault," I reached out to her and patted her back. Aunt Annaly and JK seems to be talking to the owner of the car who is not going out.

I can see Aunt Annaly holding JK's arm. I didn't wonder, JK looks like he's ready to throw punches any minute.

I guess... He is not that angry at me anymore. If it wasn't for him, I could have bumped straight into front. But wait... Isn't he sleeping? Could he be just... pretending to be asleep and knows I'm staring at him?

I felt my cheeks burn at the thought.

I held my face. It's hot.

"---We need to go, okay?" Came Aunt Annaly's voice as she went inside the car again. "Jas, are you okay, honey?" She hugged her daughter and looked at me worriedly through the mirror as she started the car and drove again.. "Rosie dear, why are you holding your neck? Were you hurt?"