SIXTY-SEVEN

His eyes lingered on the locked hands of Rose Anne and Van. He felt a pang of anger at the scene, but tried to ignore it.

"Babe?" Soyeon called, and JK looked at her. "I asked you where you want to go?"

"You said you want to ride the Ferris Wheel," he said, putting down his food.

He recalled the way Rose Anne shared her food to Van, and his inside squirmed. He drew a deep breath and looked away.

"Babe are you okay?" Soyeon asked with worry.

He nodded, then stood, "Let's go."

He walked, his mind racing.

Why did he even go here? She shouldn't have agreed when Soyeon said she wanted to go to an amusement park.

"JK," Soyeon called.

He stopped and waited for her. "Sorry."

Soyeon stared at his face. She noticed he is not his usual self. He became quieter. He seems always preoccupied. When she stared at his eyes, she saw something that she has been ignoring before.

Pain.

But JK smiled, and reached for her hand, "Let's go."

Soyeon dropped the thought, maybe she just had misinterpreted him. She hugged JK's arm, and everything is back to normal again.

---6 hours ago

JK watched the car leave. He sighed, and walked to the gate of the subdivision. He agreed that they'd be using Soyeon's car today. He wondered why she wanted to go to an amusement park all of a sudden.

"JK!"

He looked back, and Jasmine came running. "What is it?"

"Are you going to follow Rosie?" his sister asked upon approaching him.

He frowned, "No. Why?"

Jasmine gave him a grumpy look. "I heard mom talking to Aunt Rhea. They're saying Rosie's gonna be having a boyfriend."

He felt a tug in his stomach. His heart beat faster, but he calmed himself. "So?"

Jasmine stared at him with raised brows, "So... Are you going to let her?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

She frowned, "But you like her!"

JK sighed, "Just get inside."

Jasmine tss-ed, and obeyed.

She's having a boyfriend? Good for her.

He walked again.

His phone rang, and when he looked, it was Soyeon. "Hello?"

"Babe, I'm in school. Something came up in my club and I decided to meet quickly with my club secretary. Can you come here?"

"Sure. I'd wait in the cafe."

"Okay. Bye!"

He stared at his phone.

Rose Anne is having a boyfriend.

Then, shaking his head, he went inside the parked taxi and muttered to bring him to HAHS.

There are some students in school. JK sat on the chair outside the cafe, and texted Soyeon. The cafe door opened, and familiar voices reached his ears.