PRE

Roses POV

It's okay, Rose.

I took a deep breath and looked straightly to the guy walking towards me. I was standing here in the middle of the hallway, with a letter on my hands.

This is it, Rose! You can do it. Just give JK the letter and thats it

He's coming! I held my breath as he comes closer and closer. He is looking at me too, but I cant read the expression on his face. I tried to smile, but decided not to because my face felt like lead.

Here he goes...

I can't help but feel the butterflies come alive and flutter inside my stomach. I am looking at JK Alison, the guy I loved for three years. Ever since that day when he performed in the school opening ceremony in the freshman year, I fell for him. I can still remember the way he danced to the music, his face back then, the fire in his eyes, all the moves, every single moment—everything was captured clearly inside my head as if it was recorded. Maybe that's because I have always been revisiting that moment I saw him—always. Because that was the day I told myself, he is the man I love.

I pulled myself together when he was just a few steps away, and handed the letter over to him.

"JK! Please accept this!" I said with a bow of the head.

Looking down the floor, I saw his feet. He is standing right in front of me!

My head remained bowed and my hands outstretched.

"Ey! Take it, JK!" I heard a guy said.

Slowly, I raised my head. Now I am aware how many people are watching us. I am so, so nervous, but seeing JK here with me, somewhat calms my nerves.

JK took the envelope. The blonde guy who spoke a while ago looked over his shoulder while he opens it.

I clenched my fist. Please accept it, please! Please! Please join the music club—

"ROSE ANNE!"

I saw my best friends Elise and Sue running towards me at the end of the hallway. But they can't get through because of the crowd. I waved at them. They are the ones who supported me, and it was Elise who taught of the idea that I should encourage JK Alison to join the music club. That is the only, only way to save our club!

"ROSE!" Elise was waving her hand frantically. She was mouthing something. I frowned. What is she trying to say? I saw her lips formed the word 'letter'.

'What?' I mouthed.

"Not the letter!" Sue shouted. I frowned even more.

And then I saw Elise was holding something in her hand. I realized that she is not actually waving. She is raising something for me to see. I tried to decipher what that object is.

It is like a paper—

A blue envelope?

A letter envelope?

"Woah! This is one hell of a letter!"

My attention turned to the blonde guy. He is obviously holding back his laughter. He tapped JK by the shoulder then, chuckling, winked at me, "You got guts, Miss." Who is this guy? Where have I seen him before?

I frowned and then stared at the paper JK was still reading. It was a pink—flowery—paper that even from afar I can smell the sweet perfume scent—

I looked at Elise and Sue and to the paper Elise was holding.

I looked back at the one in JK's hand.

NO EFFIN WAY.

JK Alison stopped reading and looked at me. I swear to my mom's best-tasting cheesecake that I can sense anger in his eyes.

"J-JK... JK," My mind went blank. Somebody had snatched the paper from JK and read it. Others are taking turns seeing what I have given him.

"Rose! I'm sorry!" Elise came panting, Sue right beside her. "Rose—"

I felt my best friends beside me, they must have managed to go through the crowd. But all my attention is with the guy I have been loving secretly for three years. His eyes are cold as ever, but they express the very last emotion I wanted to see in his eyes while looking at me: distaste.

He started to walk. Then, when I thought nothing worse might happen, he spoke near my ear as he passed by me, "You know what I hate? Girls who throw themselves at me."

"Hey, JK, wait up!" his friend said, and then he thrusted the letter back into my hand. "Better luck next time," he added, giving me a tap on the left shoulder.

I slumped down onto the floor.

"Rose!"

My letter...

I looked at the crumpled paper on my hand.

Oh no. I am...

SO DOOMED!!!