THIRTY-THREE

The day of the performance

Elise's POV

I'm pacing to and fro in our dressing room. My clubmates are all laughing and getting hyped up to ease the tension, but here I am, feeling like my stomach is sinking. To add that I am still super guilty of what happened.

"Hey guys! Let's go back stage," Jim said as he entered, and the crew went out.

I zipped my jacket up and looked at him. He removed the bandage from his right elbow, and I know he's just bearing with the pain but doesn't show it.

"What's with that look, Elise? I might fall for you if you keep looking at me like that," he laughed.

I smiled weakly. "How's your arm?"

"Oh, this? It's nothing," he winked. "You know what, I even feel lucky I got this injury."

"It's because you're stupid," I muttered.

He laughed. "It's because... you give me this kind of attention. It's making my heart flutter."

I grimaced, "Eww. Stop or I'll give you another injury."

"Okay, okay, I'm just kidding to ease the tension."

We went backstage. The manga club is showing a cosplay, and we can hear cheers from the crowd. Anytime now, our group will be called. My heart started pumping real fast.

"Nervous?" Jim said, and he held my hands. "Breathe deeply. It'll soothe your nerves."

I obeyed.

"Well, if after the performance, my elbow gets worse, promise me one thing."

"What?" I asked breathlessly. SO his elbow is not really okay! "Jim. Do you have to dance--"

The host will be announcing the next performers. Our crew went to their places, ready to get to the stage any minute. "---the most awaited performance of the dance club---"

Jim held me up, "Date me."

I stopped and stared at him.

"Oh, don't start--"

"I'm going to give all my best to this dance, and I don't care if this elbow gets worse. Just promise me, Elise. You'll agree on a date."

"Hey--"

"--let's give it up for FLUIDX!"

Jim let go and run on stage. I went to my position and then the stage dimmed. I looked at Jim's direction. He looked at me too. 'Promise me,' he mouthed.

I bit my lip.

Well, Elise, should you give it a try?

I took a deep breath, and the stage lights focused on us. The music started. I give a smile and nodded at Jim. 'Fine.'

-----Sue's POV

"Haaa... Haa.... Ahhhh... Hooooh..." I wriggled my hands and breathed out. "You can do it, Sue! Fighting!"

This is not my first lead role, but I am still getting the palpitations.

I watched Elise's performance, and they look so amazing. Elise, like in her every performance, shone like a star. Dancing is really for her.

"Sue!"

It's Jennie and Elise. They approached me.

"What are you doing here?"