SIXTY

Jim's POV

"Bro, that's enough." I sat beside JK and watched him drink, "That's your third."

"It's not alcoholic," he muttered and drained the can.

"Tell me, what's your problem? And are you seriously staying here tonight?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?" He gave me a cold stare.

"But still... tell me me what's going on," I insisted. He didn't respond; instead, he laid down on the sofa with eyes closed. "Is it about Rose Anne? Bro, if you like her, why don't you just say? You're aware she's hurt, right?"

He opened his eyes but just stared on the ceiling. He clearly doesn't want to talk.

"Tsk. Does your mom know you're here?" I nudged him, but he stayed silent. I sighed and stood, "Fine. Whatever you want."

I went out of the house and called Elise. It took several rings before she picked up.

"Hey, El--"

"Who's this?"

"Ouch!" I said sounding offended, "You don't know me?!"

"Jim? Oh, sorry. I deleted your contact that's why," she laughed. "Why did you call?"

I sighed, "Are you home?"

"Yes, I am already in front of the house, why?"

"I'm just making sure you are home safely," I smiled.

I heard her snort which turned into a laugh.

"Geez, Inocencio, what's gotten into you? I'll hang up, Dad's peeking out through the window. Bye!"

The call ended but I'm still standing out here and smiling at my phone.

I went back inside to see a snoring JK Alison. Tss. What is happening to this guy? I really can't understand him lately. First, moving out of his house, paying the first two months, then going back... flirting with Soyeon Lee but saying he's not serious. Is he in some sort of puberty problems?

I nudged him on the leg, "Bro. Get up and go to bed. You're gonna get stiff neck tomorrow..."

But he didn't budge. So I took a blanket from my room and covered him with it. Then yawning, I went to my room.

---Rose's POV

"Where on earth is your brother?"

"I told you mom, I don't know!" Jasmine stomped out of the dining room with a deep frown on her forehead.

"Sweetie! Where are you going?" Auntie called, "You haven't finished your breakfast yet!"

But Jasmine marched up the stairs without a backward glance. Auntie fumed over her coffee. Mom is not here, she went to work early. I picked my bag and hitched it up my back, "Auntie, I'm going."

"Honey, if you ever see JK in school, can you tell him to answer my calls?"

I nodded, "Sure, Auntie."

I went out and was surprised to see Van leaning on his car which is parked outside. He opened the passenger side door, and greeted me with the usual wide grin. "Good morning!"

I laughed and entered, "You didn't tell me you're picking me up?"

"I wanted to surprise you," he went around and sat on the driver's seat, "Seat belt on, and... Let's go!"

We arrived quickly in school, and he even walked me to my room. Sue and Elise saw that, and when I sat on my seat, they looked at me with brows raised and pressed lips.