THIRTY-ONE

ONE DAY BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE DAY

**Rose's POV

It's the second day of the school's founding anniversary. There are plenty of booths around, and so many fun things to do. Since tomorrow is the big day for all the clubs, the club presidents agreed that we will let the members have a full-day rest today. Besides, the practice last week was so hectic that all of us have to muster up enough energy for tomorrow.

Elise slumped onto one chair of the Pizzeria booth. Sue and I sat on the either side of her. Elise looks so wasted. Compared to our training, hers was the most intense. They had even stayed until 12mn in school during the past week.

"What should we order?" I asked them when a booth personnel approached us. Sue showed me the menu and pointed at two items. "Okay. Ahm, please give us one small Hawaiian pizza and a lasagna. Our drinks will be just water. Make it not cold please."

The girl repeated our orders then left.

We looked at the booth called 'Cakes and Us' which is just a few steps away from us. They serve delicious cakes to couples, but as me and Sue are going to use our voices tomorrow, we dare not step near that booth.

Elise sighed and gazed longingly at the cakes we can see from here. "I want sugar."

"Tomorrow, after the performance, we will stuff ourselves with cakes," Sue muttered, looking away from the booth.

I let out a sigh too, and averted my eyes from the temptation. But then, I spotted Jim and JK coming this way. I sat up straightly. I have been very civil with JK since that little talk in the car. I just don't want him to be uncomfortable. As much as possible, I avoid him at home because Aunt Annaly might get the wrong idea. So, recently, I was talking to JK mostly in school, during club rehearsals.

"What happened to your president?" Sue whispered to Elise who looked around 'til she saw Jim.

Jim seemed to have lost his bright face. I mean, he looks tired and unenergetic.

"Is he sick?" I asked.

"Nah. He's just brokenhearted," Elise said. "Don't mind him."

"Why is he broken hearted?" I asked curiously.

Elise was not able to answer because our food came and she immediately stuffed her mouth with pizza.

I looked where JK and Jim are, but they seemed to have just passed by. I turned to my friends again. "Elise, you didn't answer me---"

"Wait, that's Soyeon Lee right?" Sue muttered. She pointed at the Cakes and Us booth. Elise and I looked at where she pointed.

Right as she is, there is Soyeon Lee, standing beside JK and holding his left arm while talking to him. Jim seems to be ordering because he's speaking with the booth personnel.

"So, JK is close with that girl?" Sue asked me.

I shrugged, and I took a bite of my pizza while watching the two being that close. It seems like JK is comfortable with Soyeon holding him like that...

"Do you think Alison likes her?" Sue continued.

Elise gave a loud tsh and looked back on her food, "Soyeon is kinda popular among guys. Many of my clubmates openly state their crush on her."

"Really?" Sue narrowed her eyes, then tapped my hand, "Hey, Rosie, is that okay with you?" she pointed at JK again.

"Yeah, it's not like he's my boyfriend or something. He can be close with any girl he wants," I said with a slight smile. My two best friends stared at me. "What? I'm not joking, okay?"