SIXTY-SIX

Rose's POV

*School Cafeteria, break time*

"You're going home?"

I nodded at Sue, Elise, and Jennie. A week has passed since that day we all learned why JK decided to date Soyeon Lee. Personally, I think JK likes her, because they are always, always together even in school. Whenever we see them, Elise would curse loudly and exaggeratedly at random things. It makes us laugh, but I think she makes that to change the awkward atmosphere. I'm so thankful for her antics, because even though Elise is loud, she always make me laugh.

"Good thing! When will you go back?" Elise asked.

"Next Sunday." I beamed at them.

"Next Sunday? Why not this Sunday?" she added.

"Next week is the finals right? Mom said she wanted me to celebrate my graduation at home," I explained. "I think she also plans to have some renovations."

I was really relieved when Mom talked to me about it just last night. I was about to sleep when she went to my room and said she decided to tell Aunt Annaly that we're going back to our own house.

"It was your father's dream to hold a graduation party for his daughter in his dream house," mom said tearfully. "Anna would understand that. Besides, I think it's best if we leave, honey. I can't stand seeing you hurt like this."

I almost cried at those words, but then again, as what mom said, it makes me grow and teaches me how to do better decisions next time.

I think, I also am beginning to really accept that my love for JK didn't go the way I hoped for.

"Let us sleep over your place sometime okay?" Jennie said, making my mind drift back to our conversation.

I nodded. "Sure! I'd ask mom, she'll surely agree."

"Hey, have you applied for the university you wanted to go to?" Sue asked. "I emailed Malaya University last Saturday. I'm up to the entrance test next week."

We clapped for her. It's her dream university, and we couldn't wait to see her be the director she always dreamed to be.

"Wow! I haven't sent my application yet," Jennie said. "I'm up for Salmestre College for Arts."

"Your taking up Fashion?" I asked. SCA is one of the top tier schools for fashion and design.

Jennie nodded. "What about you Rose, Elise?"

Elise and I looked at each other. I knew it: we're both undecided.

"Ahhh... The pressure of going to college," Elise stretched her arms. "I think I'll take up Business. You, Rose?"

"I don't know yet." I wanted to pursue something related to music. "I'll take a try at Music Ed."

"Oooh... A teacher?" Elise teased.

"Have you met with Jayson again?" she asked.

"Not again," I said with a shake of the head. I haven't seen him again too.

"Hey, what are you doing tomorrow?" Sue inquired.

Tomorrow is Saturday.

"Sleep of course," Elise proudly said. We all looked at her. "What?"

"Next week is the finals, El," Jennie said.

"That's why I'm going to relax," she moved her brows up and down and showed us a ring gesture (👌).