ONE

****Rose's POV

When I decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, I only thought that I was about to change the fate of my beloved music club. I never ever imagined that in my whole eighteen years of existence, I would be able to confess—in front of half of the school—and then get dumped.

PSHRSRHSRHSRHSHKKK—

"Ew, Rose," Sue said and handed me a fresh box of tissue paper. "You're going to rip your nose off, I swear."

Sniffing, I blew my nose again.

"By, please don't cry anymore," Elise said while rubbing my back. "I'm so sorry, if I was not dumb and got the right letter, then, it would not have happened."

"No," I said with my voice strangely nasal because of my runny nose, "it's not your fault Liz, I did not check it in the first place."

But still Elise one-arm hugged me. "You know what, let us eat some avocado ice cream?"

I moved away from her, "No please."

She laughed, "Just kidding."

Sue laid the food tray in front of me. I took a slice of the pizza and bite the half of it.

"I was just wondering, Rose. Why did you choose to give him the letter in the middle of the hallway of the main building?" Sue sipped in her milktea.

"Yea, I wonder the same," Elise said, taking a bite in her burger. "And it's dismissal time, too."

They both looked at me. I bit my lip and stared at my pizza. "I don't know. The whole day I had the idea of talking to JK, and maybe it got stuck in my head, thats why the moment I saw him walking, I went all nuts and boom. I blew it up." I looked at my best friends. It was a mark of our great and true friendship that they did not even laughed at me. But I bet they would the next day.

Elise swallowed, "By the way, what did he tell you when he whispered something?"

Suddenly, all the humiliation rushed back again, like a dam water overflowing.

I buried my face onto my palms, "He t-told me he hate girls who who t-threw themselves at him!"

"No way!" Sue exclaimed.

Elise smacked her fist on the table, "That arse didn't say that!"

"H-He did," I sniffed. "He hates me."

"Argh! The nerve of that guy!" Elise stood up, forgetting her burger.

"Liz, where are you going?" Sue pulled her back on her seat.

"I will kick him on the face—"

"It's my fault."

They all looked at me.

Elise wrapped an arm around me again. "Don't worry. It's his loss, not yours. You don't deserve an a-hole like that Alison."

"Liz's right, Rose," Sue held my hand, "besides, everybody will forget about it after a few days."

I wiped my face, "Thank you guys."

"Chin up, okay?" Elise put another slice of pizza on my hand. "And eat 'til we're full!"

I breathed in. They are right. I must not cry over spilled milk. I must think positively, like I always do whenever I am facing problems. I only have to think about the club, maybe asking JK Alison to join isnt a good idea, and I should start thinking of a new plan to save the club from closing.

"Anyway, how is your moms new work?"

I was glad Elise changed the topic. I want to forget what happened for a while.