SIXTY-FIVE

Elise's POV

I arrived at the cafe in front of the school 10 minutes after dismissal time. I saw Sue and Jennie at the farthest corner, both animatedly talking, drinks forgotten in front of them.

"---isn't a reason to hurt her okay!" I heard Jennie exclaim as I sit beside her.

"Hurt whom?" I asked, taking a piece of fries and popping it whole in my mouth.

Sue looked at me with uncertainty. The very look she gives when she doesn't want me to know something.

"Where's Rose?" she asked. Though I know it's her strategy to divert my attention.

"She's helping Eunice. Come on, tell me who's hurt?" I looked from her to Jennie.

Jennie let out a deep sigh and sipped her drink before speaking. "I know why JK and Soyeon Lee are together."

I frowned. "Don't tell me why, I'd lose my appetite, Dad told me dinner's my favorite---"

"Apparently, JK asked a favor from Soyeon. That's why he's going out with her." Sue quickly stated.

The next piece of fries which I was supposed to put in my mouth got clenched into my fist. "What the f--- so he's hurting Rose Anne because of that?! Hah! I'm not wondering. He's that kind of moth---"

My cursing was stopped when Jim came. He looked irritated, a deep frown in his forehead, and his fists clenched. He sat beside Sue, in front of me, with a particular force that the chair clanged loudly. The cafe owner cast him a dark look.

"What?" I asked, wiping my hand with tissue. It's not usual for a Jim Inocencio to be like this.

"Guess what I just learned!" he said, his voice lowering down. We put our heads together to listen. "Bro told me---JK---he's going out with that... with... you know, her, because he asked for her help!"

Jennie banged her hands on the table, "Bingo! That's what I'm telling them."

"How did you knew?" Jim asked Jennie. Their eyes locked. I cleared my throat and Jim glanced at me. "JK had a slip of the tongue and said he's doing it for his mom. I pestered him the whole day and he eventually told me. He said he had no choice."

"So he doesn't really like Soyeon?" Sue muttered.

I grimaced, "He's being a jerk. He likes her too, or he won't let her be that touchy." Geez, my head still burns whenever I think of them kissing. My virgin eyes were never the same after seeing that lewd scene, tsh!

"Shall we tell Rose about it?" Jennie asked afterwards. We all looked at her. She shifted in her seat, "She deserves to know, doesn't she?"

"I agree with you, Jen," Jim said. "We should tell her---" he tapped Jennie's hand.

I frowned at Jim. Why is he so touchy with Jen? I glared at him as I move Jennie's hand towards me. He saw it and gave a small smile.

"Let's not tell her yet," Sue decided. "Think of how it would affect her."

"She should know," I said, "She should know that Alison never really intended to choose her."

"She'd be more hurt than she is right now," Jennie worriedly stated.

"As she should." I looked at each of them, "so she could completely move on from that jerk."

They became silent after that. I know they're processing my argument. But I hope they would agree that we should tell Rose. If I were in her place, I'd also like to know.

Sue is the first one to speak after, "Okay," she said, "let's tell her."

"Same time here tomorrow?" Jennie asked.