SIX

***Elise's POV

As usual, I arrived at school at 5:30am. It's a good thing I live nearby, I can have plenty of time to use the dance room before everyone comes in.

After changing into my dance attire, I proceeded dancing.

It's my passion. It's the second most important activity to me, after eating.

I have been dancing since I can remember. It's a way of life for me.

"What do you think of me, Elise?"

I stopped in the middle of my first routine. Why did that suddenly come into my mind?

I sighed. It's been a year since we last talked. I thought I have already forgotten about it. Yet...

I closed my eyes and everything flooded back in.

"I will do what I can. Just... help me...Elise?"

"Why would I?"

"Because. You are... You are her friend. And..."

"You approached me because I AM her friend?"

He just looked at me.

"Why me? You could have approached Sue!"

"Elise. Can't you just help me?"

"If you really want to pursue her, approach her. Don't tag me along because I don't have time for that."

"Elise! Please--"

"Why are you so persistent, Vaness?! Do you like her that much!?"

"Yes. This much."

I breathed in deeply, then sighed. He still seems annoyed at me for not helping him.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

I wheeled around and saw Jim Inocencio. He smiled at me. His hair is back to brown now. "Good morning!"

"You do have a habit of changing hair colors," I said, restarting the music. "What are you, a chameleon?"

"That," he put his bag down, then started removing his shoes, "is a great way to greet me good morning."

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you that pissed I became president and not you?"

I glared at him. "Excuse me?"

Why is he here this early and ruin my morning?

He sniggered. "Just kidding. Shall we dance together?" He started to unbutton his uniform. Then he removed them, and his shirt too. Til he is topless.

Unbelievable.

He smirked, "I know my body is amazing. But no need to drool, Elise."

I rolled my eyes again. "Piss off." I restarted the music, then danced. Once I was moving, I forgot everything--my frustrations, my annoyance, the pain. It's as if everything was thrown out to space, and I was freed of the weight. This is why I love dancing.

After an hour, I stopped. Jim has also finished, and he was dressing up again.

"Ahhh. That's one good practice. You really are a great dancer, Elise."

I smiled a bit. "I'm going," I picked my bag and headed to the door. I'll change in one of the cr's on the way.

"Ah, by the way. Your friend Rose?"