TWO

Rose's POV

"We wanted to focus on our academics," the girl with eyeglasses standing as the spokesperson of the four juniors who wanted to pull their club membership said with her puppy eyes, as if I wouldn't realize the real reason why they are quitting.

I tried to smile, "Is that so?"

Eunice fidgeted in her seat. When I arrived a while ago, she tipped me off that these students who are in her year level will be joining the Idle.

That club might have an inactive sounding name, but let me tell you this: they are currently the most popular in whole of Hailey Arts High School. They cater to students who wanted to sing and dance; talk about total performance. With the kind of production they have every school festival, they make the other clubs look boring. And to top that, it has been a growing market in the entertainment industry today to sing and dance.

We used to be the top club-- the Music Club. We constantly compete with the Fluidx, the dance club, as the most popular club. But all changed when this Soyeon Lee, a pretty and petite half-Korean, transferred in the second quarter of last year. She has been elected the Idle Club president, and as she is the youngest daughter of the school's president, the Idle Club enjoys various perks. Let's say for example, a big rehearsal room. With benefits of a special treatment from the teachers and a personal space in the canteen where they got to be served sumptuous dishes.

It hurts me to just think of that.

"Pres?" Eunice nudged me by the elbow and I sort of came to the present.

"Yes, I uh..." I cleared my throat, then faced the four juniors with my chin up. "Are you sure you want to quit?"

"Yes!" They answered in chorus. This small girl here named Charity is a great singer. Such a waste we can't keep her--and another plus point to the Idles.

"Okay. I will give these back to you," I took four stapled papers from the membership folder. "But I want you to be truthful with me. What's the real reason?"

They looked at each other.

Busted.

"I already told you," the spokesperson said, "we would like to focus--"

"You're joining the Idle, right?" I looked at their eyes.

"No, we will--"

I thrust the papers in their hands. "I will not stop you from leaving this club, because it is your choice. But as your president--well, former president, at least I have the right to know the real reason."

After saying this I turned my back, and pulled Eunice away.

"That's cool, Pres!" Eunice whispered and I winked at her.

"How many members do we have now?"

"Sixteen."

"Great. One more member lost, and we're goners." We got out of the music room and are now walking in the deserted hallway. It was almost an hour after the dismissal time, and the students have all went home.

"We need to think of a way to convince students to join," Eunice voiced what I have been thinking.

"If only my idea worked..." I said without a thought. Eunice frowned at me. "Well, I had this idea of inviting JK Alison to join."

"No way? That JK Alison?"

"Yes." I sighed. Now that I'm thinking of it again, all the shame came back three times hard.

"How did it--"

"Don't ask me what happened." I gave her a gloomy look and she got it, she just nodded sadly. "Can you think of anyone we can actually invite?"